Indian Board of Alternative Medicines (Department of Distance and Continuing Education):
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines, based in Kolkata, India is an internationally-recognized holistic medicine training institute offering classroom-based training and online / distance learning courses to students all over the world. We offer undergraduate and graduate diploma and degree programmes in a range of alternative medicine disciplines including Naturopathy; Medicinal Herbalism; Reflexology; Reiki Therapy among many others. All of our courses are taught in English.
• Two-year Diploma in Alternative Medicines course
• One-year Diploma courses are available in the following therapies:
Yoga and Massage; Naturopathy; Bach Flower Remedies; Reiki Therapy; Acupressure; Acupuncture; Magnetotherapy; Reflexology; Aromatherapy; Hypnotherapy; Iridology; Electro - Homeopathy; Radiesthesia and Radionics; Medical Astrology; Gem - Tele - Chromotherapy; Traditional Chinese Medicine; Chiropractic; Holistic Health & Nutrition; Medicinal Herbalism.
• One-year Specialization Diploma courses in:
Child Health; Cardiology Heart Diseases; Respiratory Medicine; Gastro-Enterology Medicine; Neurology Medicine; Dermatology Medicine; Gynaecology Medicine; Dental Medicine; E.N.T. (Ear, Nose & Throat); Oncology & Haematology; Family Planning & Sex Education.
Paramedical Diploma Courses:
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (1 Year)
• Diploma in Physiotherapy (1 Year)
• Diploma in Electro-Cardiogram Technology (1 Year)
• Diploma in Medical Radiographic (X-Ray) Technology (1 Year)
• Diploma in Dental Alternative Science (1 Year)
• Diploma in Veterinary (Alternative) (1 Year)
• Diploma in First Aid (6 Months)
• Diploma in Family Welfare & Population Education (6 Months)
• Diploma in Hygiene & Sanitation (6 Months)
• Diploma in Home Nursing (6 Months)
Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Medicine Course (1 year)
Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Medicine (P.G.D.A.M.) distance learning course is designed as a foundation for a career in alternative medicine.
Bachelor Degree Courses:
• Bachelor's Degree in Alternative Medicine (B.A.M.S. (A.M.) / B.A.S.M.) - 2 years.
• Bachelor's Degree in the following list of therapies - 2 years: Naturopathy & Yoga; Reiki Healing; Acupressure & Magnetotherapy; Medicinal Herbalism; Medical Astrology; Gem-Tele-Chromo Therapy; Electro-Homoeopathy; Hypnotherapy; Aroma Therapy; Traditional Chinese Medicine; Radiesthesia & Radionics; Iridology Science; Chiropractic; Acupuncture; Holistic Health & Nutrition; Reflexology
Graduate Degree Course:
• Master's in Psychotherapy and Counseling (M.P.C.) Program
• Doctor of Naturopathy / Natural Medicine ( N.D. / N.M.D.)
• Doctor of Oriental Medicine ( O.M.D. )
• Doctor of Holistic Medicine ( H.M.D. )
• Doctor of Medicine in Alternative Medicines M.D.(A.M.)
• Doctor of Philosophy in Alternative Medicines - Ph.D(A.M.)
• Doctor of Science in Alternative Medicines - D.Sc (A.M.)
• Doctor of Literature in Alternative Medicine- D.Litt (A.M.)
• Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture - M.D. (Acu.)
• Doctor of Medicine in Electro Homeopathy - M.D. (E.H.)
- Australia / New Zealand:
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines has formed an affiliation with the Australian Committee of Natural Therapies, Australia and New Zealand (ACONT). ACONT is a national and international association representing natural, traditional, bioenergetics and magnetic therapists.
Graduates of the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines will be eligible to apply for membership with the association as 'Practitioner'.
The American Association of Drugless Practitioners Certification & Accreditation Board, U.S.A. has granted The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines full board professional accreditation and certification.
Graduates of the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines will be eligible to apply to be board certified holistic health practitioners through the AADP.
On completion of the Diploma, Bachelor's Degree or Postgraduate courses, IBAM graduates from countries outside of India can qualify for attestation of their qualifications with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India and the Foreign Ministry / Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
This attestation is necessary for entering employment in foreign countries or for the purpose of applying to Professional Associations, etc. This attestation is generally not a pre-requisite for jobs in India.
Normally, it is not necessary to get Board/University Certificates Degrees authenticated. This application needs to be made only in respect of such foreign countries as require authentication of certificates/degrees issued by Indian Boards / Universities / Government bodies for purposes of Higher Education/Employment abroad.
Who can apply for attestation?
- Overseas students (Nationality other than India).
- Indian Nationals applying abroad for higher education / employment / business or migration.
- Indian Nationals applying for employment / higher education in India requiring attestation.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines believes firmly that the citizens of the world want and deserve the opportunity to receive the highest quality of health care, with the broadest range of care options.
In keeping with this set of beliefs, Board is organized to educate and develop health care professionals, including those already in health care practice, to serve the public with love, care and compassion.
The learning community of the Board seeks to cultivate a renewed sense of purpose and leadership within each individual and to promote and enduring search for knowledge, influence and excellence in human and health service.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines is duly incorporated under Act XXVI of 1961 (Regd. No. S/68765 of 1991-1992) of the Government of West Bengal based on the Central Government Act XXI of 1860 and the Literary and Scientific Institutions Act of 1854.
This Act is applicable to the advancement and promotion of alternative and complementary medical sciences. The Board is affiliated with The International Association of Educators for World Peace, an affiliate of United Nations, UNICEF & UNESCO.
The Board is maintaining mutual affiliation with several prestigious organizations worldwide.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines is the only organization in India to be recognized by and affiliated to the United Nations University for Peace ( an international inter-governmental university established UN Resolution No. 35/55/5/XII/80) and duly recognized by the Government of India which is a signatory to the international agreement for the establishment of the University for Peace and Charter of the University for Peace of the UN.
Legality, Validity & Utility of the training courses, practice and research in the field of Alternative Systems of Medicines are in strict conformity with the Constitution of India as per Article 19(1)g and the Laws of the Land.
Successful and trained students of the Board can practice and profess the various systems of Alternative Medicines as per the Rules and Regulation of the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines.
Registration from Medical Council of India is not required to practice the alternative systems of medicines as per their letter No.MCI-34(1) / 96-Med. / 10984.
Dr. Suresh Kumar Agarwal, widely regarded as the pioneer of the holistic medical movement in India is the Founder – President of India Board of Alternative Medicine.
An internationally renowned practitioner of alternative medicine, Dr. Agarwal is also an organizer, visionary, author and teacher. His qualifications include:
- Diploma in Medicine and Surgery from the Council of Homoeopathic Medicine, Govt. of West Bengal
- Doctorate in Medicine in Homoeopathy from University Grants Commission Recognised University
- Graduated in Ayurveda from Hindi University, Allahbad
- Graduated in Naturopathy from the Indian Institute of Naturopathy, Coimbatore
- M.D. in Traditional & Alternative Medicine from the Open International University, Colombo
- Ph.D. from Medicina Alternativa, Kazakhastan (the then USSR)
- Dr.Agarwal was conferred the D.Sc. Honoris Causa in 1994 by the Open International University, Colombo, for his outstanding services to the promotion and popularization of holistic healing in India.
He also completed courses in Yoga Therapy from Kaivalyadham, Pune and Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari. He then studied the different systems of therapy in leading institutions in India and abroad.
He is the National Vice-Chancellor of the International Association of Educators for World Peace and a visiting professor of the Open International University, Colombo and East West University for Holistic Health Science, California, USA.
He is editor of the Indian Journal of Holistic Health & Medicine, and is author of several books besides having articles published in leading newspapers and magazines of the country.
His name has become synonymous with alternative medicines in India, and has appeared in Asia International’s Who’s Who for his outstanding contribution to the cause of Alternative Medicine around the world.
"Thank you for helping me all the way. I enjoyed the course and the certification. It is really good and presentable. I am displaying in my clinic and recommending your school to others.
You are doing a GREAT job. May God give you long life, health and wealth And more resources to do good projects. Insha Allah in the future i will join Ph.D program."
- Naeem Sharieff, California, U.S.A.
"I have truly enjoyed this learning experience, and I thank IBAM for facilitating this opportunity, as well as for your help during this process. I hope to receive a First Division grade for the work I have submitted. Thank you very much, and wishing you all the best in your future endeavors."
- Monde Leck, South Carolina, U.S.A.
"The Doctoral program in Naturopathy was highly enriching and has helped me evolve as a practitioner.
Your course has helped me in my experience in natural medicine, as an author for a book on self-healing that I shall start shortly and as a teacher with better credibility and skills."
- Maria J. C. Maia, Fernão Ferro, Portugal
"Thank you for the quality study and for the excellent quality of your organization and thank you for processing of all of the 16 exams related to the ND/NMD study.
I hope to clear the examinations with First Division. I have written over 100,000 words as part of my assignments and greetings from Netherlands."
- Dr. Herman Fridsma, Landsmeer, Netherlands
"Thank you very much. I received today the Diploma in Chiropractic, very nice diploma from your prestigious institution.
I want to inquire again on another course offered by IBAM as Bachelor’s in Acupuncture. I would like to start another program of study at the earliest."
- Dr. Ronnie A. Royo, Manila, Philippines
..............these systems of medicines do play an important role in the promotion of health, as well as in the prevention and cure of diseases, especially in the poor countries of the world.
Date : 26th November, 1993, Mother Teresa
I understand that the endeavour of the International Institute of Health Sciences and the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines is to evolve a consensus on health and related issues amongst the different disciplines of medical science and various systems of medicines.
From our own experiences the Tibetan medical system, like the Ayurvedic and Unani systems , has been extremely effective and beneficial for the treatment of a variety of illnesses, especially chronic illnesses. I there fore believe there is scope for other alternative systems to be able to cobtribute to the better health of people.
Date : November, 2000, H. H. Dalai Lama
.............There are many approaches to combatting the scourge of AIDS. I am pleased to support the contribution being made by practitioners of Alternative Medicines in this regard.
I encourage you to continue your efforts and wish you well as you meet to discuss this extermely important health issue which has such serious implications for our future.
Date : 25th November, 1997, Rev. Desmond. M. Tutu
.............For those who live in communities that have not yet begun to suffer the psychological, social and economic impact of the epidemic, it is time to come together to create awareness of what could lie ahead.
Government ministries, health care workers, human rights advocates, non-governmental and community-based organizations, scientists and medical doctors must all unite in a partnership to bring about the changes in attitude and behavior which can prevent the further spread of the virus.
Date : 1st December, 1993, Boutros Boutros Ghali- Secretary General, United Nations
Specific Contact Pages: - Diploma Courses
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post-Graduate Diploma
- Holistic Nutrition Courses
- Medical Lab Tech Diploma
- Physiotherapy Diploma
- Doctor of Naturopathy
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine
- Doctor of Holistic Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine in Alternative Medicines
- Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture
- Doctor of Medicine in Electro Homeopathy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Alternative Medicines
- Master's in Psychotherapy and Counseling
- First Aid Diploma
- Paramedical Courses
- Home Nursing Diploma
- Child Health Diploma
- Dental Medicine Diploma
- Dermatology Medicine Diploma
- Gynaecology Medicine Diploma
- Respiratory Medicine Diploma
- Neurology Medicine Diploma
- Cardiology Heart Diseases
- Gastroenterology Diploma
- Veterinary Diploma
- E.N.T. (Ear Nose & Throat) Diploma
- Oncology & Haematology Diploma
- Courses / Programs
|Address: 80, Chowringhee Road, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700020, India|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2016 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines