IFA Paris Fashion School, Shanghai:
International Fashion Academy (IFA) Paris is the leading fashion school in China and offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the fields of fashion design and fashion business. IFA Paris established its school in Shanghai in 2002 as the first Sino-French joint venture in fashion education to be approved by the Chinese government, and today proves its dedication to fashion by bringing the best professional instructors from France, the US, and other international countries. All of our fashion programs are taught entirely in the English language.
Quality International Education:
IFA Paris in Shanghai has placed itself at the forefront of the globalization of fashion education and the development of fashion industry relationships between France and China. We have acheived this by bringing fashion tradition to Shanghai and by providing international students the tools to understand the world’s fastest growing fashion and luxury market. Our bachelor's degree courses and masters programs in fashion are also offered at our school in Paris, France.
IFA Paris's mission is to provide students with the skills and attitude necessary to become fashion design leaders in international fashion & luxury industry. At the same time, we aim to strongly encourage our graduates to lead the way in shaping the next generation of fashion design. From a curriculum stand point, IFA Paris employs certified and experienced professionals from France to teach in Shanghai and we deliver the same program as we do in Paris.
Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design & Technology:
3 years in Shanghai or Paris
To succeed in today’s fashion world, fashion designers need to do much more than competently sketch garments on sheets of paper. To achieve the goal of transmitting a broader range of competencies, IFA has created an innovative curriculum for our Bachelor degree in Fashion Design & Technology course that addresses the needs of world-renowned fashion companies.
The program is taught entirely through English. There is an average of 25 hours in class a week over a period of 32 weeks a year. There are two intakes per year, one in September and another in March.
Courses Covered: Fashion Design; Pattern Making and Draping; Fashion Marketing; Computer Design; Lectra Systems; Textiles Technology; European Fashion History; English
Dual City - Shanghai & Paris Study Abroad Program:
We offer all students on the Bachelor Degree in Fashion Design & Technology in Shanghai the opportunity to complete their second or third year studies in our partner school in Paris, France. Both schools offer the same curriculum & program, and classes are taught entirely in English.
Students who plan to take up this opportunity must be highly motivated and hard working to get the most of their experience, but, for those willing to put forth the effort, a year studying in a different environment is the perfect opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
We strongly encourage our students to take advantage of this possibility, and use their final year to gain an invaluable overseas experience, allowing them to further their knowledge of fashion by exploring both Asian and European fashions and trends.
1-Year Intensive MBA Programs in Shanghai:
- MBA in Luxury Brand Management: 30 academic weeks in Shanghai + 10 academic weeks in Paris. Alternatively, you can spend 30 weeks in Paris + 10 weeks in Shanghai.
- MBA in Fashion Business: 30 academic weeks in Paris & 10 academic weeks in Shanghai. Please note that students can also complete the full 1-year intensive program in Paris.
- MBA in Global Fashion Media: 30 academic weeks in Paris + 10 academic weeks in Shanghai.
- MBA / Masters Program in Fashion Business in collaboration with Polimoda Fashion School in Florence, Italy: 30 academic weeks in Shanghai, 8 academic weeks in Florence & 2 academic weeks in Paris.
- MBA / Masters Program in Luxury Brands Management in collaboration with Polimoda Fashion School in Florence, Italy: 30 academic weeks in Shanghai, 8 academic weeks in Florence & 2 academic weeks in Paris.
Further Fashion Industry Courses / Programs in Shanghai:
- Bachelor Degree in Fashion Marketing: 3 years in Paris with 10 academic weeks in Shanghai during the second year
- Corporate Training: Fashion Design and/or Pattern Making and/or Draping; Fashion Business related fields; Luxury Brand Management related fields.
- IFA Paris in Shanghai offers Chinese, English and French language courses for students who would like to acquire an additional language.
In 2013, IFA Paris will offer 10 scholarships at postgraduate and 20 scholarships at undergraduate level for programs in our Paris and Shanghai schools. All of our courses are taught in English and both domestic and international students are eligible to apply. Contact us today for further information on how to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
MBA in Luxury Brand Management (30 weeks in Shanghai + 10 weeks in Paris)
– 3 x half scholarships (worth €7,400)
– 2 x full scholarships (worth €14,800)
MBA in Global Fashion Media (30 weeks in Paris + 10 weeks in Shanghai)
– 3 x half scholarships (worth €6,900)
– 2 x full scholarships (worth €13,800)
Bachelor in Fashion Marketing (3 years in Paris including a semester in Shanghai)
– 3 x full scholarships covering the 1st year (worth €7,900)
– 2 x full scholarships covering the entire 3 years (worth €23,700)
Studying in China:
All foreign nationals need a visa to enter China. Candidates can apply for a student visa from overseas or from China. It is the students’ responsibility to obtain a visa if needed. Most foreign nationals can obtain a visa quite easily.
Why Study Fashion in Shanghai?
China is without a doubt the fastest growing market of fashion and luxury products in the world and Shanghai, in particular, has become a flourishing fashion capital. As a result, overseas companies and brands are now interested in hiring fashion professionals with experience in China and with Chinese connections. Foreign fashion brands will progressively aim their collection exclusively within the Chinese market to a point where they will shift their design team to China.
Shanghai is the most sophisticated and cosmopolitan city in China with a relatively cheap cost of living. With almost 300,000 foreigners residing in Shanghai, many Chinese people are becoming more and more aware of the importance of grasping English as a second language to minimize language barriers with foreigners. Therefore, even if you do not possess a conversational level in Mandarin, you should be able to enjoy the city.
IFA's placement office is open during school's working hours. Here are the following services provided to students and graduates in Shanghai:
- An essential liaison between the fashion and luxury industry and our students and graduates.
- Maintain a database of internships and job opportunities.
- Organizes on-campus recruitments for various companies.
- Invites industry speakers to introduce their companies and their operations.
- Assists students in writing resumes and prepare interviews
- Follow graduates in their career development.
- Meet regularly with IFA alumni.