BSY Group is an accredited, distance learning, alternative health and complementary therapy college offering a wide selection of certificate & diploma courses to students in the UK, Europe & Worldwide including Yoga, Nutrition, Beauty, Counselling, Massage, Fitness & more. From the comfort of your own home, you can pursue your interests, acquire valuable new skills, and train for a new career to benefit others. BSY Group is one of the largest colleges of it's kind in Europe. Many of our students have gone on to become fulfilled yoga teachers. Others have set up their own successful natural health clinics, gaining much personal satisfaction in their rewarding new careers. In addition, nurses have successfully introduced complementary therapies into their practices. Some have been employed by well known companies or have used courses to expand their existing career.
Today BSY is renowned as one of the leading organisations in its field. Our high standards – which cover the quality of our courses, teaching, assessments, administration and student support – are recognised by some of the UK’s leading accreditation bodies. And we are proud to be affiliated with associations that are guiding lights in their individual disciplines.
- Open and Distance Learning Quality Council (QDLQC)
- Association of British Correspondence Colleges (ABCC)
- Independent Yoga Network
- The Yoga Register
- CCC Registered Councellor
- The Beauty Guild
- British Council for Yoga Therapy (BCYT)
- The Friendly Group of Spiritual Healers Associations (FSHA)
- Fitness Industry Association (FIA)
Once you’ve successfully completed your course, you’ll receive a BSY qualification to recognise your achievement. Your qualification will give you the satisfaction of attaining personal success – and will prove of considerable benefit should you wish to start your own practice or further your career.
BSY qualifications you can attain are:
- Certificate of Competence: Successful pursuit of a subject, certifying the successful study of new skills and knowledge.
- Professional Certificate of Merit: Professional training designed as either a foundation course, or adjunct course giving additional skills and knowledge to enhance the full professional training required to attain a diploma.
- Diploma: Career training to practitioner level granting the right to use the appropriate designatory letters. Where stipulated, this will require successful completion of any compulsory practical training elements.
We’ve come a long way since 1946, when the British School of Yoga began its life here in the quiet rolling hills of Devon – the perfect haven for teaching all things holistically healing and harmonious. As the years have passed by, we’ve been joined by four other schools; the Midland Institute of Hypnotherapy and Associated Stress Consultants in 1990, and New Age Foundation and Writers International in 1996. As BSY Group, we have grown considerably with the ever increasing interest in complementary medicine and natural health – and with over 270 courses currently on offer, we now have one of the widest ranges available anywhere.
Courses / Programs:
Certificate & Diploma Courses include:
- Practical Training
- Complementary Therapies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Counselling & Stress Management
- Sports & Fitness
- Beauty Therapies
- Mind, Body, Spirit
- Life Coaching & Life Skills
- Health Care
- Childcare & Education
- Animal Healing
- Psychic Healing
- Speech & Language Skills
- Writing, Publishing & Editing Skills
- Business & Management
- Continuing Professional Development
- General Interest