Glion Institute of Higher Education, Online MBA & Hospitality Postgraduate Programs:
Established in 1962, Glion Institute of Higher Education, a private university in Switzerland, is a global leader in international hospitality education. We offer an accredited online MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management degree program which is taught in English, and designed for working professionals from all over the globe. In addition, we provide specialist Diploma and Certificate Postgraduate programs in International Hospitality. There are two start dates for programs in 2013.
Why Choose the Glion Online MBA Program?
- Glion Institute of Higher Education has been ranked among the Top 3 Hospitality Management Schools in the world for an international career. This industry research was conducted by one of the most respected market research firms in the industry, Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS). The goal of the ranking survey was to benchmark academic programs and career prospects for students in international hospitality education universities.
- We offer an MBA program that fits into your life. All of your coursework, class discussions and group projects take place in an online environment which is 'asynchronous'. There are no fixed lecture times, the classroom is always open and you don’t need to synchronize your study with anyone else. You can interact with faculty and fellow students whenever and wherever you want.
- Our online MBA program is intensive and relevant. Our average class size is around 15-20, which means our faculty have time to give you personal attention at every stage. We believe flexibility is about more than convenience; it's about relevance too. That's why you can customize your program to suit your own specific work and career priorities.
- Our online MBA program will offer you new directions and new opportunities. It is not for everybody; it demands a high level of concentration, commitment and sheer hard work. We believe the experience will revitalize your career prospects in the field of international hospitality management, recast your understanding of the workplace and reveal opportunities you never imagined. This experience will change your life.
- Graduates of the Glion online MBA program will be well prepared to lead and manage. Our graduates can expect to confidently advance into more senior positions within the hospitality and tourism industry as well as change career path and consider other Services Industry options.
Online MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management:
The MBA program comprises 7 core courses and 3 elective courses which differ depending on your specialization. Each course is 8 weeks in length. You will complete your degree with a dissertation or Applied Research Project for a total of 36 credit points.
MBA Specializations include:
- General Management for Service Industries
- Marketing and Innovation
- Asset and Revenue Management
- ‘Self Designed’ option which allows you to select any three courses from the other specializations
The Glion online MBA has distinct advantages for working professionals. From the moment the program begins, our students will apply theory and knowledge to practice.
Specialist International Hospitality Graduate Programs:
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality & Services Administration:
This program comprises 2 core courses from the MBA curriculum (Managing Service Operations in the Evolving Business Environment and Success Strategies for the Hospitality and Service Industries) and the choice of an additional 4 courses from all other modules available.
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality & Services Management:
In this program, you will complete six of the seven core courses from the online MBA program. You will then have the option to tailor the program to meet your own career goals and business needs by selecting any six of the online MBA specialization courses.
These graduate programs are available 100% online for students who want to continue their education in hospitality management, but who do not have the time or disposition for the full MBA program or Applied Research project. These programs are also available as a Professional Development Certificate or Diploma for qualified applicants who do not have a recognized bachelor degree.
"It is an amazing experience to learn from so many hospitality professionals, everyone has such a wealth of skills and knowledge. This is the perfect venture for all of us in the professional world trying to achieve an MBA, and I would highly recommend it."
- Jacqueline, General Manager, The Ritz-Carlton, Coconut Grove, Miami
“The online MBA from Glion is a perfect match for busy hospitality professionals anywhere in the world who still have the energy, passion and ambition to grow and improve their strategic skills. It allows me to keep my current job and achieve a dream by balancing economic and family obligations and be ahead of the game.”
- Philippe, General Manager, Novotel Bangkok, Thailand
"With Glion, you get the whole package – knowledge, recognition and a fully accredited degree that is recognized by the industry. Having the knowledge, education and background combined with the right network is what brings someone to the next level in their career."
- Andrew, General Manager, Howard Johnson Business Club Hotel Shanghai, China
Prestigious International Accreditation:
Glion Institute of Higher Education is accredited at university level by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE). Glion is one of only three schools in Switzerland to hold this University level accreditation.
NEASC is the oldest regional accrediting association in the United States. Its stated mission is the establishment and maintenance of high standards for all levels of education, from pre-K to the doctoral level. NEASC serves more than 2,000 public and independent schools, colleges and universities in the six New England states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont as well as 138 American / International schools worldwide.
The NEASC Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education as a reliable authority on the quality of education for the institutions it accredits. The Commission is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).