Childcare / Healthcare Career Information:
Would you like to start a new career in the rewarding field of childcare or early childhood education? There are a wide variety of job opportunities in Ireland within this field, including preschool teacher, creche or daycare worker, special needs assistant or child-minder in your own home, among many others. The Further Education and Training Awards Council (FETAC) is the national body for further education and training in Ireland. They offer a wide range of childcare courses through recognised educational institutions or training centres across Ireland. In addition, FETAC allows individuals the opportunity to gain recognition for education and training in the workplace or in the community.
- Challenging: When you work with children, every day is different. This means you are presented with constant challenges, on both a personal and a professional level. You could be planning a curriculum, a care plan, a day trip or working with parents, the job will vary day-to-day.
- Flexibility: A job in childcare or early education can offer flexibility of hours which would allow you to work around family or study commitments.
- Rewarding: You will have the enjoyment of working with children, and the satisfaction of being involved in a child's physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- Progression: There is plenty of scope for career progression within the childcare / early education field. You can start your career with very little experience and study for a qualification whilst you are working. You could also climb the career ladder by gaining higher qualifications and becoming a supervisor or manager/ coordinator.
- Fun: Whether you work in a preschool, an after-school club or a child-minder, you will be helping children learn through play and help them to discover the world around them. It's fun!
- Early Childhood Education & Care Support (Level 4 / 5 / 6)
- Caring for Children 0-6 years (Level 5)
- Working in Childcare (Level 5)
- Special Needs Assisting (Level 5 / Level 6)
- Teaching Assistant Skills (Level 6)
- Child Development (Level 6)
- Social & Legal issues in Childcare (Level 6)
- Advanced Certificate in Childcare Supervision (Level 6)
- Early Childhood Curriculum (Level 6)
- Supervision in Childcare (Level 6)
- Child Psychology (Level 6)
Email: Contact Us
- Courses / Programs
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines