The Interactive Design Institute:
The Interactive Design Institute (IDI), based in Edinburgh, Scotland, is the UK’s leading provider of online qualifications in Art and Design for both UK-based and international students abroad. We offer a range of accredited courses at Certificate, Foundation, Diploma and BA Degree level in career fields that include Graphic Design, Product Design, Illustration, Interior Architecture & Design, Interactive Media Design, Fashion Design and Photography. These courses lead to certification by the University of Hertfordshire, one of the UK’s best modern universities. Start dates are every February, June and October and you can register at any time, and study full-time or part-time.
Accredited Online Art & Design Courses:
At the Interactive Design Institute, we work to the highest quality standards. The Interactive Design Institute is approved by The City & Guilds Institute of London, ABC Awards and the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), three of the most respected awarding bodies in the UK.
IDI is a collaborative partner of the University of Hertfordshire. The qualification you receive on completion of one of our accredited online courses is exactly the same as that awarded to students attending the University of Hertfordshire. We also provide an Level 3 Diploma in Foundation Studies (art, design and media) online, which is widely recognised as the standard entry qualification for degree level study at art colleges and universities throughout the United Kingdom.
With IDI, you are able to study when and where you want, either full-time or part-time, with access to high quality learning materials, one to one support from your own personal tutor and a world class qualification valued by employers and universities everywhere.
3-Year Bachelor of Arts Honours (BA Hons) Degree Courses:
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
- Interior Architecture & Design
- Dip (HE) Interactive Media Design
- ABC Awards Level 3 Diploma in Foundation Studies (Art, Design and Media)
City & Guilds/ IDI Awards:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award Creative Sketchbooks
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award Fashion Design and Illustration
- IDI Award Drawing and Painting
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award Drawing and Painting
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award Fashion Design and Illustration
- City & Guilds Level 1 Award Sketchbooks
- IDI Award Digital Photography Course
IDI tutors are highly qualified specialists; all with experience of teaching UK higher qualifications. IDI requires tutors to have the same level of qualifications and experience as do all colleges and universities throughout the UK.
Students have access to one-to-one tuition through a private online message board. They can communicate with their tutors at any time, and as often as they like. Students receive comprehensive guidance and support throughout their studies.
How Does Online Learning Work?
All IDI courses are designed for study in a home environment. Students receive regular feedback and advice, and can communicate with their tutors and fellow students whenever they want. They work at times which suit them, and can study on a full or part time basis. They are able to work flexibly, and can combine online study with other study or work commitments.
Students log in to a secure personal online studio, where they can access learning materials, upload and store images of their work, and communicate with their tutor and fellow students online. All communication takes place within a secure environment which is monitored by IDI staff. Students can also communicate with their tutor on a confidential, one-to-one basis. Students complete practical activities, and upload digital images of their work to their online studio.
What Equipment Is Needed?
Students need internet access via a PC or Mac. They will also need access to a digital camera to photograph their work. For some courses, they may need to have access to specialist software, such as Adobe Photoshop. IDI students receive discounts on all Adobe products.
Students need basic art and design materials, such as pencils, pens, paper and paints. For some courses they may need other equipment such as a drawing board. All our courses are designed for home study, so we try to keep these requirements to a minimum.
Why Choose Us?
- A UK qualification in Design can also be the starting point for a rewarding – and profitable – career. The creative industries are one of the world’s growth sectors, and in uncertain economic times, a better bet than many so-called ‘safer’ professions. Nearly a quarter of all
designers in the UK work on a freelance or self-employed basis, many of them from home-based offices or studios. Upgrading your qualifications can be a big bonus too. On average, graduates earn up to 47% more than those educated to A level or equivalent standard.
- We are a fully accredited art school, offering courses which lead to qualifications from some of the UK’s most respected awarding bodies.
- IDI provides first rate learning materials, lots of one to one support and after all your efforts, a world class qualification valued by employers and universities everywhere.
- Our prices are extremely reasonable. We also offer a range of payment options, including monthly instalments. Not only that, you can continue to work, and earn, while you study.
- Getting a degree is always hard work, but studying with IDI you won’t have to turn your life upside down as well. You can study from home, and combine your studies with work or family commitments. We bring it all to you – a world beating study environment, great learning materials, fantastic support. All you have to do is log on.