Do you want to start an exciting new career in the fast-moving field of logistics? CITT is Canada's leading professional development organization in the supply chain and transportation logistics sector. Based in Toronto, Ontario, we provide a range of online / distance learning courses in business and logistics fields including Logistics Processes, Transportation Systems, Transportation Law, and more.Email: Contact us below ( or request a callback ).Online Logistics Processes Course:
To be eligible for this program, you must first have completed the Transportation Systems course. Logistics Processes continues the learning for any professional who wants or needs a more in-depth understanding of the industry. You will learn how to move products and related information through multi-faceted supply chain operations from source to destination—on a national and international scale—using single or multi-modal systems in a safe, time- and cost-efficient manner. Over 90% of Logistics Processes graduates recommend the course to their colleagues!
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Facilitate smoother international trade for your company by having a good working knowledge of: documentation required for international transportation, Canada Customs import/export processes, current Incoterms and the role of customs brokers.
- Procure logistics suppliers using sound selection criteria and develop performance metrics for service quality and cost-effectiveness.
- Understand and select the best materials handling, warehousing, and unitization strategies to minimize the time, cost, and space needed to handle and store goods between transportation links.
- Minimize the company’s exposure to damage, loss or liability through the use of proactive risk management strategies, adequate insurance and more successful claims.
- Negotiate stronger contracts and prepare complete Bills of Lading that avoid common errors and omissions and formalize service expectations, legal responsibilities as well as rates.