Glion Institute of Higher Education, Online MBA & Hospitality Postgraduate Programs:
Established in 1962, Glion Institute of Higher Education, a private university in Switzerland, is a global leader in international hospitality education. We offer an accredited online MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management degree program which is taught in English, and designed for working professionals from all over the globe. In addition, we provide specialist Diploma and Certificate Postgraduate programs in International Hospitality. There are two start dates for programs in 2014.
Online MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management:
2.5 years (10 courses of 8 weeks each plus 2 week study breaks)
The Glion online MBA is designed to equip working professionals with the expertise to lead and motivate individuals, teams and organizations within a diverse and multicultural global business environment. It offers students a management curriculum that balances hospitality and tourism applied knowledge with a core of management and leadership theory.
Our online MBA program comprises seven core courses and three elective courses which differ depending on your specialization. Each course is eight weeks in length.
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Hospitality, Tourism or Event Management, or a Business Degree or equivalent qualification
- Significant relevant work experience
- Minimum TOEFL score of 575 paper based or 230 for the computer scoring system or 90 for the internet based test
- Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): Grade B
- I.E.L.T.S. minimum overall of 6.0. in all components
- All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission
- Candidates must submit two confidential professional reference forms which the Admissions Team will send to the candidate upon receipt of application.
Online MBA in International Hospitality & Service Industries Management Degree Specializations:
- Marketing and Innovation
- General Management for Service Industries
- Asset and Revenue Management
- ‘Self Designed’ option which allows you to select any three courses from the other specializations
- Managing Service Operations in the Evolving Business Environment
- Success Strategies for the Hospitality and Services Industry
- Human Resources Management
- Global Strategic Management
- Hospitality, Services and E-Marketing
- Managerial Finance and Accounting
- Data Driven Decision Making
General Management for Service Industries:
- Risk Management Systems in Hospitality
- Challenges of Leadership
- Sustainability in Hospitality and Tourism
Marketing and Innovation:
- Innovation and Product Research
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Brand Management
Asset and Revenue Management:
- Revenue Management
- Financial Strategy and Planning
- Property and Asset Management
Self Designed Option:
This option is for students who have an interest across all 3 specializations and can choose 3 courses from the various pecializations pathways – subject to availability.
Final Core Course:
- Applied Business Project
Specialist Online Postgraduate Programs:
These graduate programs are available 100% online for students who want to continue their education in hospitality management, but who do not have the time or disposition for the full MBA program or Applied Research project.
Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality & Services Management:
30 months (12 courses of 8 weeks each plus 2 week study breaks)
In this program, you will complete 6 of the 7 core MBA modules. You can then tailor the program to suit your business needs by selecting your preferred 6 specialization courses (36 credits) from any of the specialization tracks offered on the Online MBA program. You will not complete the Applied Research project.
Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality & Services Administration:
15 months (6 courses of 8 weeks each plus 2 week study breaks)
This program comprises 2 core courses from the MBA curriculum (Managing Service Operations in the Evolving Business Environment and Success Strategies for the Hospitality and Service Industries) and the choice of an additional 4 courses from all other modules available.
Both of these programs are available as a Professional Development Certificate or Diploma for qualified applicants who do not have a recognized bachelor degree.
For further information on our online graduate hospitality programs, please email us via our Contact Us page.