AMADEUS International Boarding School, Vienna:
AMADEUS International School is a private day and boarding school in Vienna, Austria based in a secure, enclosed environment with a modern, purpose-built boarding facility. Our programmes are designed for K-12 students pursuing an academic career and an education that includes classical music classes, and for highly talented and gifted young musicians pursuing a professional music career. We are the first international boarding school in Vienna and strive to deliver the finest academic school programme, which is based on the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum for primary and secondary school education. We warmly welcome students from around the world regardless of gender, religion, ethnicity, race, or physical ability. Day boarding and Full boarding are available from Grade 6; weekly boarding is possible upon request.
Quality Academic Education:
AMADEUS' quality academic programmes include the high honors-level IB Diploma, as well as the standard-level High School Diploma programme, both of which are taught in English. The progressive IB curriculum is inquiry-based, and focuses on skill building, collaboration, problem-solving and critical thinking. All regular students may attend German lessons to enable them to communicate in Austria. In addition, our school offers language programmes in world languages.
For the school year 2013/14, we accept admissions for Elementary/Primary School Grades 1-4 (Volksschule) and Middle/High School Grades 5-10, with a boarding option available from Grade 6. By 2015, we will offer all K-12 grades.
Boarding at AMADEUS - "Home Away From Home":
- State-of-the-Art Boarding Premises
Our convenient location provides easy access to public transportation to the city centre. All of our purpose built premises are completely renovated to state-of-the-art boarding standards. Our boarding apartments are designed for two students, and our apartments have an average size of 22 m². This includes shower room, toilet, cupboard, working desks, large window which let in natural light and offer a view of our surrounding green park.
- Experienced, Full-time Staff
Each floor of the boarding facility in the school has a housemaster or mistress, as well as a complement of full-time staff and day tutors who are also members of the faculty.
- Focus on Discipline
Abiding within the school’s free-time parameters, agreeing with and/or accepting the decision-making authority of the school administration, and other aspects of the school’s actions which arise from the very high-level of liability which is a part of our job, should be evident in our students at all times.
- Parents Visiting Schedule
Not interrupting the school life, parents visits are possible during holidays, with the exception of the last school week for handover of the certificates of final consults etc. and for special concert during the year.
Boarding Features & Facilities:
- Day boarding and Full boarding are available from Grade 6; weekly boarding is possible upon request.
- Purpose-built boarding facilities
- Situated in an enclosed environment
- Full-time boarding staff & security
- Health insurance cover
Students are accommodated in bedrooms for two with an ensuite bathroom. Other accommodation like in single or triple rooms can be offered upon request.
- Each floor of the boarding facility in the school has a housemaster or mistress, as well as a complement of full-time staff and day tutors who are also members of the faculty.
- Boarders must be in their bedrooms by 9:00 pm. Exceptions are made for the visits to the opera, theater or concerts, which will always take place with appropriate supervisors from the school. Bedding will be provided as well as towels and pillows.
- Boarders have access to the school’s network during the evening and on weekends as well. Technology will be available when appropriate, determined by the Academic Director and faculty. The use of mobile phones, within reason, is permitted outside school hours and ends with bedtime.
Professional Classical Music Education:
Instrumental Training in: Piano, Violin / Viola, Trumpet / Trombone, Cello, Bass, Flute, Clarinet, Percussion & Singing / Voice Training.
Mandatory for all students, The AMADEUS Music Academy offers intensive music training program streamlined with the school's curriculum. Primary School students receive one class per week (45min) of individual music or ballet training, which is included in their daily school schedule. Secondary School students receive intensive music training after class daily taught by world -class musicians. Each student has his or her individualized training programme determined by the Director of AMADEUS Music Academy based on his or her ability.
Our Music Academy programme is based on vocal and instrumental training with some of the most prestigous teachers in Vienna, including members of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra and The Vienna Boys Choir.