Institute Of Intensive English, Hawaii:
The Institute of Intensive English (IIE) is the highest quality English school in Hawaii. We are a full-service English school located in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii, one block from Waikiki beach. Our teachers are very experienced and highly-qualified. We have been teaching English to international students for over 20 years. We offer small class sizes, and Total English immersion with our English only policy. We offer daily social activities, homestay and other forms of housing. IIE issues I-20s for U.S. student visas. All of our homestay families have been been visited by our director to ensure that you will have the best homestay experience possible.
English Courses / Programs:
• General English - six levels from beginning to advanced levels
• Short Term English Program (16 hours/week)
• Intensive English Program (20 hours/week),
• Academic English Program - for students planning to study in American university or college
• Cambridge exam prep - First Certificate in English (FCE) / Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
• IBT TOEFL test preparation - Test of English as a Foreign Language
• TOEIC test preparation - Test of English for International Communication
• Private English Lessons - flexible one-on-one lessons at IIE
• Conversation Cafe - Semi-Private Study Group (1-4 students per class)
• Business English Cafe focused on the world of Business English
• English Cafe for students 50+, focused on Conversation
• Summer English Course - Adult Beginning Level Course (F1 visa not required)
• English Summer Camp for children ages 8-15 years
• Kid’s Programs - ages 6-12 years, Junior (Teens) Program - ages 13-17 years
• Homestay program - live with an American family, and experience Hawaiian lifestyle & culture
• Hawaiian English Adventures: IIE has created an exciting learning opportunity for Hawaii travelers. You can choose from one of the Adventure Packages below, combining English studies and Hawaiian experiences.
- Scuba Diving English Adventure
- Surfing English Adventure
- Golf English Adventure
- Hula English Adventure (Hula = a traditional Hawaiian dance)
- Ukulele English Adventure (Ukulele = traditional Hawaiian musical instrument like a small guitar)
- Create-Your-Own Adventure!
Certificate of Completion:
All students receive an IIE certificate on completion of their course. The certificate shows the level and the duration of study.
Cultural & Social Activities:
At IIE we give our students the total Hawaiian study experience. That means we provide exciting weekly Hawaiian Cultural activities, and fun daily social activities. Both are great ways to enjoy your time with IIE in Hawaii, explore the island, meet new friends, and practice English.
Weekly Activities include Surfing, Hula, Lei Making, Hawaiian Quilting, Ukulele Lessons, Free Beginner Hula Classes. Daily Activities - The beautiful weather of Hawaii allows IIE to offer year-round daily activities like hiking, festivals, Waikiki restaurant dinners, movies, study groups, coffee club, snorkeling, Karaoke, and more! Come experience Hawaii and make new IIE and local friends!
At IIE, we do our best to find affordable, convenient accommodation for our students. We offer students a variety of options with a variety of price ranges: Homestay, Condominiums & Apartments, Shared Student Housing, Dormitories.
Hawaii is an excellent choice for studying English abroad. It is one of the safest places in the United States. It’s also an experience in “Paradise” that you will never forget. The Institute of Intensive English is located in Waikiki, the main tourist area in Hawaii. It’s the best place in Hawaii to shop, go to the beach, take part in an exciting nightlife, learn Hawaiian activities like surfing, and meet people from all over the world. You can find all the conveniences of mainland America on Oahu.
Hawaii is the 50th state in the United States, and consists of eight main islands: Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, Lanai, the Big Island of Hawaii, Niihau (a privately owned island) and Kahoolawe. Each island has a nickname: Hawaii is known as the "Big Island". Come study English in Paradise!