Torre Di Babele, Rome:
Established in 1984, Torre di Babele is an Italian language school in Rome, Italy. We offer Italian courses for students from around the world including intensive Italian courses, CILS exam preparation classes and private Italian lessons. We also offer training courses for teachers of Italian for foreigners and semester abroad programs summer programs for university students. Torre Di Babele is highly accredited and is officially authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education. We are also one of the founding members of the Association of Italian Language Schools in Italy.
Italian Language Courses Include:
- Intensive Italian courses
- Middle-term intensive Italian courses (min. stay of 6 weeks)
- Long-term intensive Italian courses (min. stay of 12 weeks)
- Superintensive Italian courses
- Intensive Italian Course "Espresso" (max of 4 weeks)
- CILS exam preparation
- Private Italian lessons
- Non-intensive Italian language courses
- Italian courses for seniors
- Study abroad semester programs for university students
- Summer Italian courses
- Italian cooking courses
- Italian & design course
- Italian teacher training courses
- Certificate: At the end of the course, the school will issue a certificate of attendance indicating the level of Italiano course completed.
- Torre di Babele Diploma: At the completion of our advanced level, students have the opportunity to take a written and oral exam of Italian in order to obtain the "Torre di Babele" Italian Language Diploma
Our Italian courses are offered all year round, taught by highly qualified teachers in small groups, with an average class size of 7 or 8 and a maximum of 12 students. Also operating as a teacher-training center, we have developed dynamic teaching methods of Italian and a stimulating language program that incorporates students' personal interests and various aspects of Italian culture and life in Italy.
The teaching methods used at our Italian language school are based on communication. Students actively exercise the four fundamental functions of the language: listening, speaking, reading and writing. Particular attention, however, is given to conversation, to develop in the student an increasing capacity to express himself/herself and communicate in Italian from the very beginning of the course. Naturally this method includes the study of the rules of Italian syntax and grammar, which are essential to language learning, but which, alone, are not sufficient for gaining a real command of the Italian language.
Study Abroad Programs in Rome:
Torre di Babele works directly with university faculty and study abroad program administrators to develop credit and non-credit courses in Italy. Courses are designed for university students interested in broadening their linguistic and cultural knowledge through an academic experience abroad. The study abroad programs provide an international environment where personal attention is given to each student’s needs.
Torre di Babele operates year round and welcomes American university students for academic and special interest programs at any time of year, offering a wide range of courses and student services combined with a welcoming atmosphere.
Three types of study abroad programs are offered:
- Summer Program - Italian Language and Culture - Classical and Modern Civilization (study of history, history of art, and classical and modern civilization),
- Semester Program - Italian Language and Culture - Classical and Modern Civilization,
- Tailor made programs
Our Full Accreditation:
- officially authorized by The Italian Ministry of Education
- accredited by The Italian Ministry of Education as a training center for Teachers of Italian as a Second Language.
- a founding member of A.S.I.L.S., the official Association of Italian language schools in Italy which guaranties the quality of the teaching and services provided.
- a member of the international association of language schools committed to the development, research and enhancement of state of the art teaching methods. Tandem international is also a member of ALTO and FIYTO.
- accredited by E.L.I.T.E., the European Federation, whose principal aim is to apply the European Quality Charter in terms of teaching, orientation on arrival and housing.
- accredited by the University for Foreigners of Siena as an authorized examination centre for the CILS certificate
- accredited by the University "Ca' Foscari" of Venice as Teacher Training Center for degreeing teachers of Italian as foreign language
- approved by the Sweden’s CSN (Swedish National Agency for higher Education)
- recognized by the German Federal States for BILDUNGSURLAUB.
- a member of Eduitalia, a non-profit consortium committed to increasing the presence of foreign students and researchers in Italy.
- presented with the Excellence Award 2008 for outstanding customer satisfaction ratings worldwide at LanguageCourse.Net
Our school is located in an elegant, central Art Nouveau neighborhood of Rome, near "La Sapienza" University of Rome, historic "Villa Torlonia" park and the main railway station "Termini". This area of Rome has many tree-lined streets and parks (Villa Torlonia, Villa Massimo, Villa Ada, Villa Borghese) and is only a few minutes walk from the popular student quarter "San Lorenzo", whose pubs, cafes, restaurants, pizzerias and lively nightlife are well known throughout Italy.
The school occupies two large floors of an elegant "Liberty" villa surrounded by a spacious garden with wireless internet available: the ideal atmosphere to learn and extend your knowledge of the Italian language.
- Live in an apartment with other students from our Italian courses and/or Italian students.
- Live with local residents (rarely families with children, more likely young couples or people living alone). The kitchen and bathroom are shared with the others in the apartment. Breakfast or half-board service is available upon request.
- Upon request, it is possible to reserve a room, including breakfast or half-board, in one of the hotels of various categories near our Italian school in Rome.