Inspiration Design International School:
Inspiration Design International School, established in 1989, is Singapore's premier private education provider for interior design knowledge and skills. We offer both full-time and part-time diploma and advanced diploma courses in Interior Design and a certificate in Interior Design & Decorative Techniques to students from Singapore and around the world. Our part-time courses are available only to design practitioners with appropriate industry experience. In addition, we offer a range of short professional courses in various design software programs including Photoshop and AutoCAD, to equip design professionals with the essential skills to enrich their visual presentation to their respective clients. The language of instruction is English.
Inspiration Design International School is approved and recognized by the Council Of Private Education and a range of international institutions and universities.
Leading Design School:
Our goal is to become Asia's leading private institution for design education and training. Our multi-faceted design students come from various cultures and continents. We equip our students with world class quality professional skills to become competent and creative designers, who bring diversity and dynamism into the quality of Singaporean life.
For two decades, Inspiration Design International School has constantly developed and inspired students to exceed their creative abilities and become dynamic and competent designers. Design companies eagerly welcome Inspiration’s students as interns. Graduates are greatly sought after by the industry. Their innovative spirit and honed skills give them their competitive edge.
Students from Inspiration Design International School are successful in winning top prizes in various design competitions organized by the Singapore Furniture Industries Council (SFIC). One of these is the Furniture, Lifestyle, Innovation and Perspective or FLIP! Challenge, which was started four years ago with entries from public and private institutions, including polytechnics and universities. Inspiration Design International School won top prizes in the FLIP! Challenge competition for three consecutive years.
In March 2012, Inspiration Design International School won the 48 Hour Challenge Showroom Makeover. Other participating schools were Temasek Polytechnic, Nanyang Polytechnic, Lasalle College and Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts.
Interior Design Diploma & Certificate Courses:
- Diploma in Interior Design (18 months). A part-time option is available for design practitioners who have 18 months industry experience.
- Advanced Diploma in Interior Design (24 months). A part-time option is available for design practitioners who have 24 months industry experience.
- Certificate in Interior Design & Decorative Techniques (12 months)
Short Professional Certificate Courses:
We offer a range of short training courses in various design software programs to equip design professionals with the essential skills to enrich their visual presentation to their respective clients. Depending on the course, training may be delivered via individual tutorials or in-house training.
We offer training in: 3D Max; AutoCAD; Photoshop; Sketch Up; Perspective Drawing; Developing Brief, Furniture Product Knowledge; The Visual Language of Interior Design; Light & Lighting Interiors; Fabrics; Furniture Art and Accessories & more...
Benefits of Studying in Singapore:
- With a rich multi-racial heritage and a large number of professional expatriates living here, Singapore has a striking and unique mix of cultures and perspectives. This contributes interest, color, diversity and dynamism to cosmopolitan Singapore.
- Studying in Singapore connects you to an education system that promotes excellence in a progressive and diversified nation.
- Singapore has a stable economy and has been rated by the World Economic Forum as the most competitive economy, possessing great innovative ability and a stable macro economy.
- Singapore boasts high living standards, political stability, low air pollution, quality healthcare, established schools, safe and clean eating places, fabulous entertainment and low crime rates.
- Due to the thriving arts and cultural scene and the government's promotion of design and the arts, various renowned designers and architects from all over the world have come to Singapore to hold seminars, design forums and workshops, opening great avenues to our budding designers.
- Singapore is also strategically located at the heart of Asia and can be a hub to explore the Southeast Asian region.
- Students can obtain a university degree that is recognized worldwide without having to travel and spend much more elsewhere.
- In general, the cost of pursuing an education in Singapore is reasonable and affordable.
- Singapore is a conducive environment for students to improve their standard of English as it is the lingua franca here.
Convenient & Easily-Accessible Location:
Inspiration Design International School is conveniently located in the heart of Singapore. Easily accessible by public transport, it is close to serene and historic Bukit Pasoh shop-houses, alongside an array of interior design firms, boutique spa and hotels, wine bars, art galleries and restaurants. It will provide you with a unique educational experience.
UEN NO. 199402914W (PERIOD OF REGISTRATION: 29.12.2011 - 28.12.2012
"I joined Inspiration in 2005 and have attained my Advanced Diploma and Degree in interior design since. The intensive and creative design training through design studio and experiments have enabled me to sharpen my understanding and perception of design. I have received not only design skill training but also a much higher level of understanding of culture and environment, both of which are very useful in my working life now.
Since graduating from Inspiration, I have worked in a Singapore President Design Award-winning design consultancy firm as a designer for more that two years, I am now pursuing my further education in architecture design in NUS (MA)"
- Qi Shi Zhi, China; Bachelor Degree Graduate of Interior Design
"In 2008, I enrolled at Inspiration for what would prove to be an enriching learning experience. I have discovered my own passion and dedication for interior design and have gained the knowledge and skills from Inspiration to succeed in this very competitive industry.
I felt motivated to attend class to expand my horizons and stretch myself in every aspect of the course from concept development to 3D visualization. Inspiration provides a participative learning environment which allows students to interact with classmates and lecturers. At the same time, it also offers the opportunity for students to obtain feedback on the quality of their work with constructive advice on ways to improve."
- Ronel Raats, South Africa; Graduated 2011 with Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
"I joined the school in 2008 with a real desire to learn about interior design. Before coming to Singapore, I had been very interested in the subject and had carried out many trial projects on my own, family and friends houses.
Inspiration Design School International taught me how to focus my attention and how to develop the skills that I have been taught by some very professional lecturers. Our classes on computer aided design, in which we learnt programmes such as 3DS Max and Autocad were great fun and very informative. My lessons here have set me in great shape for the future. Thank you Inspiration for all the enriching experience I have had here."
- Katarzyna Donaldson, Poland; Graduated 2010 with Diploma in Interior Design