National High School:
National High School (NHS) is both a campus-based school in Atlanta GA and an online homeschool for students in Grades 9-12 nationwide and around the world, as well as adults who wish to complete their high school education. We provide a unique and flexible approach to earning high school credit using computer-based homeschool courses. National High School is a SACS and CITA accredited school, and its credits should be accepted across the nation by other regionally-accredited high schools.
The NHS program is based on the belief that 9-12 Graders have the right and the opportunity to earn a high school diploma or take credit recovery classes, while recognizing that not all students are able to accomplish this in a traditional educational setting.
NHS has over 100 course offerings. E-teachers and the Virtual School guidance counselor are available year round to help students pick the courses that are right for their post graduation goals.
Why Choose National High School?
- Earn a High School Diploma: Customize your educational plans and earn a diploma using 21st century technology.
- Schedule with Flexibility: Complete courses at your own pace and at times that best fit their daily schedules.
- Recover Credit: Earn credits to get back on track for graduation within your own school district.
- Apply Home School Credits: You can enroll in NHS and transfer credits earned through home school study to our diploma program.
- Prior to credits being awarded, courses must be submitted for review and approval.
- Select from Advanced or Remedial Courses: Choose courses that meet your academic needs and support your learning style.
National High School’s instructional program promotes academic achievement by providing personalized, accessible and unique educational opportunities that facilitate and promote skills, independent inquiry, and life-long learning.
In this way, the focus of National High School is to provide a world of learning at each student’s fingertips.
National High School is proudly accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI), an accrediting division of AdvancED.
SACS CASI accreditation is recognized across state lines. 50% of the students enrolled at National High School reside in over 90 countries worldwide.
We've worked intensively with SACS and the Georgia Department of Education to develop a program of study that meets and exceeds the standards set by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Earn a High School Diploma from home
- Students awarded an accredited high school diploma must satisfactorily complete the minimum 24 credit requirements to graduate.
- Core subjects include English, Geometry, Algebra, World History, World Geography, United States History, Physical Science, Foreign Language, Fine Arts, Physical Education and Health
In order to help their students to succeed, parents should:
- Set up a study schedule in an environment that is conducive to studying, without distraction from phone calls, TV, etc.
- Review student progress on a regular basis so that they know you are interested in their work, and so that you can assist with any challenges.
- Make sure your student shares their homework requirements with you so that you can remind them of deadlines and help them with time management. By being supportive and planning ahead, you can help to avoid last minute stress or falling behind in assignments.
Students need to examine their personal skills and aptitudes for taking a class online. The following attributes greatly contribute to a student's success:
- Independent Learning
The online environment enables students to learn at their own pace, relieving the stress of feeling rushed or pressured and providing enjoyment in the learning process.
Students direct their own learning environment and methods to fulfill course requirements and achieve individual academic success. Students are responsible for their own learning.
- Computer Literacy
Although it is not necessary to have advanced computer skills, students should possess a working knowledge of electronic e-mail as well as basic keyboarding skills.
- Time Management
Students must be able to organize and plan their own best "time to learn." There is no one best time for everyone, but the key to learning is to make the time to learn.
- Personal Commitment
Since there are no bells that begin and end classes, students must have a strong desire to learn and achieve knowledge and skills via online courses. Making a commitment to learn in this manner is a very personal decision and requires a strong commitment to perform in order to achieve academic success.
- Effective Written Communication Skills
Students must use electronic e-mail to communicate with their peers as well as the instructors. The ability to write clearly to communicate ideas and assignments is essential.
NHS allows both homeschooled and transfer students to transfer in their home school or previous school's credits. In addition, all credits earned at National High School can be transferred to any school of the student's choice.
Before enrolling for a National High School online course, students should contact their local high school for permission to take the course. They should discuss the course with their counselor to be certain that they have the required prerequisites and that the course will be fulfilling their graduation requirements.
Our Credit Recovery Program allows for full-time students enrolled in traditional schools to take the credits they need to meet their resident high school’s graduation requirements.
“At NHS, I’m not forced to just listen to a boring lecture, I’m able to learn creatively.”
"I learned a lot of things I would have not had the opportunity to learn if I had not taken this course".
“I liked taking classes at NHS because it gives me the opportunity to continue to study at an American school, even while I’m not in America!”
Specific Contact Pages: - for International Students
- Courses / Programs
|Address: Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Atlanta, Georgia , USA|
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2015 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines