|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|You can apply or contact us using the Apply Online Box below.|
The Centre for Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture (CAPSA) is a regional institute and subsidiary body to UNESCAP, dedicated to strengthening South-South dialogue and intra-regional cooperation on poverty reduction, food security and sustainable agriculture. CAPSA seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant (GS6) with excellent English skills. This position is located at the Centre in Bogor, Indonesia.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of CAPSA, the incumbent performs the following functions:
Human Resources Management
• Initiates, reviews, processes and follows-up on actions related to the administration of CAPSA’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment of staff and consultants, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
• Responds to enquiries and provides information and advice to staff regarding their entitlements, administrative procedures, processes and practices, conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
• Monitors staffing table and prepares relevant statistical data/charts.
Budget and Finance
• Assists in the preparation and review of financial and human resource proposals/requirements. Consolidates budget/work programme with respect to Headquarters’ budget, trust funds, grants and procurement.
• Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
• Assists professional staff of CAPSA in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
• Assists in preparation of budget performance submissions and finalization of budget performance reports, analysing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures
• Co-ordinates with other finance and budget staff on related issues during preparation of budget reports.
• Drafts routine correspondence to respond to enquiries in respect to relevant administrative, financial audit, personnel matters.
• Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members.
• Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for
services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating seminars, conferences and translations).
• Guides, trains, and supervises the work of more junior General Service staff.
• Assists with day-to-day administration of contracts between the UN and external contractors for outsourced services.
• Audits the contractors' invoices against the goods and services provided by the contractor and approved by the UN.
• Processes the payment of contractors' invoices and monitors payments.
• Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work Unit, including UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits and door keys.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Education|
High School diploma or equivalent is required. First level university degree in business administration is an asset. Must have passed the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices Away.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area, required. Relevant IT skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and web-based applications are required. Experience within the United Nations Common System or other international organization is desirable.
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||7 to 8 Years|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
Indonesia-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in Indonesia are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|