|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|TERMS OF REFERENCE|
National Constituent Assembly (NCA) Reporter
Project: Reporting Officer for National Constituent Assembly (NCA) Working Sessions
No of Jobs: Ten (10)
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Duration: 15 days
Starting Date: ASAP
Overview of CTG Global
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, and Human Resources in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflict, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crisis worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients currently comprise UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different corporate organisations such as security companies.
Overview of the Position
The National Constituent Assembly (NCA) is a requirement of the agreements reached by the signatories of the Roadmap for Ending Somalia’s Transition. The NCA brings together 825 delegates to approve the provisional federal constitution. To maximize the effectiveness of the Somali National Constituent Assembly (NCA), Reporting officers are being engaged to compile a historical record of the proceedings of the Somali National Constituent Assembly (NCA)
Objectives of the assignment
1. To capture the work of the National Constituent Assembly;
2. To accurately record the work and outcomes of the different working group sessions;
3. To follow up with those participating in the different working group sessions to ensure adequate reflection of opinions, recommendations & decisions made;
4. To record the conversation in the theme assigned to each working group regarding the draft constitution;
Scope of work/expected output
• The outputs to which the consultants will contribute will be:
o Well written and organized reports on the work of themed working groups to stand alone and be incorporated into a larger comprehensive report on the entire proceedings of the CA.
o A report of the themed working group submitted to Joint Implementation Unit no later than 15 days after the conclusion of the CA.
Monitoring and Progress controls
• The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Governance and Rule of Law Programme Manager through Joint Constitution Unit, but liaise directly with the CA Secretariat and Technical Facilitation Committee.
• Detailed report on the working group discussions and outcomes at the end of every session.
• The assignment will take a total of fifteen (15) working days for compiling & preparing the individual working group report along with giving inputs to the larger overall report on the entire CA deliberations.
• The work product has to be approved by the Supervisor before any payment
Applicants should send a letter of application and their CV using the Apply Online Box below . Please subject your email with BHJOB2678_183. Telephone enquiries may be directed to Emma Kalonzo: Tel: +971 (0)4 331 0377 extn. 206
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Essential Experience|
• Master’s degree in international relations, conflict studies, journalism, business administrations or any other related discipline.
Years of experience:
• The reporting officer will have at least 3 years of extensive experience in recording and reporting of workshop deliberations and outcomes, journalism, editing or in similar field. Previous experience in working in challenging and stressful environments and engagement with Somali counterparts is an advantage.
• Builds strong relationships with delegates, focuses on impact and results, responds positively to feedback;
• Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
• Leads delegates effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Excellent client and team management skills.
• The expert will be required to have a personal lap top computer.
• English and Somali required.
|Education Level Required:||Masters|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||CTG Global|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|