|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|CA Global: Engineering and Construction (Africa Positions) has a client that is in need of a Piping & Tank Supervisor (Mining Projects / Construction). The position will be based in Mozambique.|
Manage the daily operations on the Project Site based in Mozambique, creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
• Recognized Relevant Trade qualification / National Diploma or equivalent Fitness Certificate
• Ability to speak Portuguese is essential
• Five (5) or more years supervisory experience in industrial construction contractor activities
• Experience with the design of piping systems, and knowledge of fabrication and installation
• Must be familiar with Health Safety Environmental practices and regulations.
• Must be fully knowledgeable about construction techniques to be employed, materials used and testing requirements involving piping works
• Strong people management skills and industrial construction supervision experience.
• Thorough knowledge of piping materials, valves, flanges and other piping components
• Demonstrate strong leadership qualities
• Effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive approach to problem solving
• Administration and Management: Knowledge of planning, coordination, and execution of business functions, resource allocation, and production
• Attention to Detail: Focusing on aspects of the work task which may be precise or form small parts of the whole and is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail
• Interpersonal Relations: Showing understanding and politeness to others, developing and maintaining relationships with others, being able to deal with individuals who are difficult and relating well to people from varied backgrounds.
• Occupational Health and Safety: Implementing safety standards in order to minimize the likelihood of accident or damage to people and equipment.
• Organizing: Initiating, assigning and confirming arrangements required for events or activities in a orderly and systematic manner
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Piping Supervision in accordance with the requirements of the project and ensuring the compliance with all the contractual obligations
Daily communication with the Site/Senior Construction Manager advising on all issues pertaining to the contract
Builds and maintains relationships with the relevant stakeholders by communicating in a respectful manner and adhering and implementing the agreed project requirements
Implements the SHE and Quality Management Plan by planning and actioning the initiatives within the plan.
Carries out quality assurance spot checks through on-the-job observations of work done on a regular basis, and trains subordinates accordingly.
Reduces waste and implements cost saving initiatives by evaluating work practices
Implements systems and practices by drawing up procedures and monitoring effectiveness
Performs equipment inspections: Manages and / or conducts inspections of equipment and material as and when required
Supervises the execution of the required tasks in relation with the project plan and report any deviations to the Construction Manager.
South African Nationals are encouraged to apply
If you feel that you qualify for this position then please forward a copy of your updated CV / Resume to Megan Smith by email using the Apply Online Box below
|Education Level Required:||Tech School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||7 to 8 Years|
|Contact Name:||Megan Smith|
|Contact Phone:||+ 27 (0) 21 551 5340|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|