|About this position|
Bridge International Academies is looking an experienced Senior Project Architect to help our construction team with the design, drawing and supervision of low cost schools. This position involves iterative and repeated update and review of Bills of Quantities.
The individual must be very comfortable working in informal environments and must have managed multiple projects that are geographically dispersed.
• The individual will be managing anywhere from 10-30 construction projects simultaneously. These projects are not complex, but the deadlines are tight (less than 6 weeks) and the resources are limited. As a result, timeliness will be critical to ensure that projects take off within the stipulated timelines.
• The architect shall prepare typical layout and detailed drawings for standard application in the construction of the branded schools.
• In addition to standard drawings, the architect shall prepare site-specific site layouts, and ground preparation schemes.
• Working closely with the land acquisition team, tasks shall include site measurement, site evaluation, site analysis and ground preparation prior to commencement of construction.
• Reviewing and continuously improving the school design to enhance space utilization and ergonomics of the spaces and furniture.
• Reviewing typical BQs to adjust for changes due to specific site conditions, design reviews or process improvement
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• Minimum of 8 years experience in a busy architectural design environment handling multiple projects concurrently |
• Demonstrated experience in production of construction detail drawings
• Excellent AutoCAD/ArchiCAD/Artlantis skills and experience including 3D and rendering
• Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback while being extremely adaptable and flexible
• Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
• Ability to identify potential problems, conflict and delays before they become an issue and communicate them clearly to the Head of Department
• Good people management skills that result in timely completion of deliverables
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Preferably registered with BORAGS (Board of Registration)
• Degree in Architecture
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Required Language Skills:|
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||7 to 8 Years|