|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|About this position:|
The job holder is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the Legal/ Litigations department, provision of legal advisory services and ensuring effective and smooth management of legal/litigation department.
• Overseeing all litigation matters
• Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
• To ensure efficient and effective management of existing and upcoming cases
Key Areas of Responsibilities
• Review and provide legal advice on all cases/labour dispute & management accordingly.
• Liaise with relevant organs to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
• Build the department's legal structures and systems and develop a strong team to handle legal matters at all levels for the betterment of the business
• Developing and implementing departmental plans, policies and procedures to guide all legal issues arising in the company.
• Developing and implementing strategies on litigation, records and legal issues in the Group.
• Participate in drawing and vetting staff and other contracts, leases and other legal instruments while working closely with legal support team.
• Liaise with external lawyers and company secretary to ensure the company’s interests are adequately protected.
• Advisor to the company human resources and other management teams in all legal issues
• Proactively developing new areas of strategic litigation for case.
• Manage and support the work of the lawyers/fieldworkers (including traveling), thereby developing effective communications with the office.
• Develop and implement internal case – tracking systems to facilitate regular monitoring and compliance with case-related deadlines.
• Overseeing a high quality of written legal submissions and pleadings (including ensuring stylistic and methodological consistency), through support and review.
• Establish and secure compliance with internal systems for efficiently managing all stages of litigation.
• Develop and oversee a resource databank of legal materials.
• Casework: preparation of applications courts of justice; maintaining correspondence with relevant registries clerks.
• Support for and liaison with clients (including obtaining instructions from the clients as required; keeping clients informed about the progress of cases; maintaining regular contact with clients).
• Overseeing reporting to, and communicating effectively with, Executive Director/General Manager, including the provision of case documents, updating on progress of cases, and the submission of monthly report.
• Application letter
• Passport size photograph (2)
• Copy of Passport / Identification card / Vote identification card
• Only Copy of Certificates ( Academics , Birth , Driving license) -certified copy
• Three(3)References Contacts
• Certificate of Service from past employer ( if any )
• NSSF \ PPF etc number/ID ( If registered )
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
• Failure to compile the above requirements the application will not be considered.
You can apply or contact us by email using the Apply Online Box below
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Required qualifications, Skills and attributes|
• LLB degree from a recognized institution
• Diploma in Law from the Tanzania Law School
• Hold a valid practicing certificate
• At least 5 years experience in a similar position in middle to senior level management within a corporate or large training institution or a busy and well established legal firm
• Qualified or well exposed arbitrator with proven negotiation skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
• Should have very good communications skills both written and spoken
• Strong ability to lead and develop a team of junior advocates and legal officers.
• Must have strong knowledge of customer relations/satisfaction as they relate to the nature of our business
• Works well in an environment with deadlines; results oriented
• Perform multiple tasks effectively
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong analytical skills required
• Capable of making timely, independent decisions while consulting as appropriate
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skill
• Confident, courageous and persuasive in court and during negotiations
• Provides weekly and monthly reports and goes to the Executive director
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters
• Opens and closes all legal files
• Responsible for overall coordination of legal issues
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Possess advanced skills in customer service and provides effective solutions
• Ability to work long hours including weekends
• Must be well organized , detail-oriented and personable with a professional demeanor
• Excellent communication skill necessary to interact with other attorneys/lawyers and clients by both telephone and written correspondence
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||Hr Solutions|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
Tanzania-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in Tanzania are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|