|Objective and Resume Summary|
|As I have made Thailand my permanent home I would like to secure a position in the academic field where my experience in instruction, program direction and program design would be appreciated and valued.|
|My Key Skills:||Program development, staff supervision, academic planning, counseling, computer proficient, proven team member.|
|Education History, Qualifications & other additional information|
|Level of Education:||Masters|
|Dec 2006 – 2011|
Walden University of Minnesota Minneapolis, MN
--PhD program in cognitive / educational Psychology
-- completion of all course work.
July 2001 - June 2003
St. Mary's University Graduate School Minneapolis, MN
-- M.A. in Counseling and Psychological Services
-- Focus on mental health, community services, and career counseling.
-- GPA: 3.7
January 2000 - June 2001
Winona State University Graduate School Winona, MN
-- 32 credits in community counseling MA program
--GPA was 3.5 at time of transfer
-- Focused on humanistic therapy of disabling issues
December 1999 - December 2000
Winona State University Winona, MN
-- B.A. in Psychology with a minor in Sociology
-- 3.8 GPA
-- Member of Psi Chi (psychology student honor society), 1999
December 1998 - December 1999
Rochester Community & Technical College Rochester, MN
-- A.A. in liberal arts with emphasis in Social Sciences
-- 4.0 GPA
-- Member of Phi Theta Kappa, 1999
-- Outstanding tutor award in the Social Sciences, 1999
-- Outstanding student award, 1998
• Austin Community College – Social Sciences Instructor
• Worthington Community College – Special Needs consultant
• Indiana Business School – Social Science / Management Instructor
• Rochester College – Program director for International Students, Program Director for Special Needs Students, Instructor, Counselor
• Foundation for Community Development and Legal Reform; Bangkok – Grant writing / program planning, Feb, 2011 - present
• Windom ABE: Tutor for GED/ESL, Grant Writing- 2006 - 2009
• MN dept. of corrections: Support group leader – 2005-2009
• Rotary Club: Fund raising volunteer – 2005/2006.
• Rainbow Outpatient CD Treatment – Guest Speaker 2006 – 2008
• Minnesota Mental Health Consortium: Advisor 2009-2010
|Work History & Experience|
|Years of Work Experience:||More than 15 Years|
|July 2011 – Dec 2012|
Director of Behavioral Medicine / Lead Therapist – Bhavana Clinic Phuket
• Supervision of counseling staff
• Program design
• Documentation and protocol development
• Assessment and diagnoses
• Individual and group counseling
• 12-step, CBT, and Psychodynamic therapy.
March 2010 – July 2011
Senior Counselor – Safe Havens Bangkok
• Individual and group therapy
• Treatment planning and assessment
• Education and lecture
• Crisis intervention
• Dual diagnoses specialist
• Public relations
Aug 2008- Jan 2010
Clinical Program Director – R4South Adult Mental Health Crisis Program
* Developed program providing MH and substance use crisis services in rural Minnesota.
* Staff hiring, supervision, and training.
* Community liaison
* Data collection and reporting
* Emergency clinical intervention
* Grant Writing
March 2005 – Aug 2008
Senior Counselor-State of Minnesota - DEED
* MFIP program supervision
*Case management of people with disabilities
* Testing, assessment and referral
* Grant Writing
*Program budget supervision
May 2004 - Nov 2004
Adolescent Mental Health Counselor. Youth Opportunity Center, Muncie, IN
* provided psychotherapy
* Case Management
* MH / CD individual and group counseling/education
* Program design and implementation
*Training and supervision of staff
June, 2003 - Jan, 2004
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor. State Of Wisconsin; DVR.
* Case Management of people with physical and emotional disabilities.
* Evaluation and eligibility interviewing
* Career planning and service referral.
* Employment development and follow-up.
December 2002 - June, 2003
Clinical Counseling Internship Mayo Clinic Dept. of Psychology, Rochester, MN
* Conducted research, collected data, wrote professional papers on psychology
* Observed and assisted with individual and group therapy sessions related to
anxiety disorders using CBT.
* Observed and assisted with evaluations and consultations of out-patient
mental health patients in Department of Behavioral Health Medicine.
July, 2001 - June, 2003
Director of Minority Student Services Rochester Community and Technical
College, Rochester, MN
* Responsible for advising 800 students of color and recent immigrant
* Developed and implemented new programs and student groups
* Served as anti-discrimination advocate and investigator
* Assisted with appeals, financial aid, applications and transfers
July, 2000 - July, 2001
Foreign Exchange Student Director Rochester Community and Technical College, Rochester, MN.
* Academic advising and personal counseling to foreign students studying in
* Oversaw program development and implementation as well as budget
* Ensured compliance with immigration and State Dept. regulations
* provided student housing and cultural enrichment