|Objective and Resume Summary|
|Seeking for an Assistant Manager/Supervisor role in Production/Quality/ R&D departments of food/retail industry where I can utilise my industry related, computer and personal knowledge, strong organizational abilities, leadership, communications skills and customer service for the professional growth along with the organisation.|
Competent professional with proactive experience in quality and production control operations capable of dealing with technical and management aspects of modern business who would like to be a part of a forward thinking organisation where I can assure my continuous improvement, hard work and dedication to find creative and logical solutions to challenging problems.
|My Key Skills:||MS Office Suite,|
Project management: - Scheduling and budgeting tools like PERT, GANTT Charts and Project Planning tools like Critical Path Analysis Flow Diagrams, Crashing on academic level projects.
• Academic knowledge in TQM and Six Sigma - Quality Control Tools
|Education History, Qualifications & other additional information|
|Level of Education:||Masters|
University of Nottingham - MSc Food Production Management (GPA – 6) (2009 – 2010) Specialised in,
• Preservation and Manufacture of food in industries
• Quality Management & Quality Techniques
• Supply Chain Management and global food trade
• Design of Operation Facilities and Systems
• Food Factory Design and Operations – Factory layout, HACCP, BRC
• New Product Development: This project involved developing a new product called ‘Fruit Crackers’ in lab scale by experimentally innovating different ingredients to match required product characteristics. Different quality assurance tests like microbial stability, shelf life and hedonic comparisons with existing market products were carried out in food labs. It also involved designing a food factory, its layout, constructions and suitable location in U.K. Various market positioning strategies like package designs with correct labelling and product introduction plans were carried out.
• Supply Chain Optimization Project – Reckitt Benckiser: Developed a business report for Reckitt Benckiser, world leader in consumer goods manufacture, on their Supply Chain Optimization and Improvements, strictly aligning to the company’s supply pillars.
• Design of Operation Facilities Project- McDonald’s & Starbucks: Monitored and compared the efficiency of movement of men and material in ‘McDonald’s’ and ‘Starbucks’, world’s leading chain fast food and coffee selling shops
Internship - Production Improvement and Quality Assurance – Northern Foods, UK
• A two month industrial placement in a ready meal manufacturing unit of Northern Foods, Northamptonshire, UK
• Studying the production lines and investigating out the problems affecting the performance.
• Working along with the engineering team to solve the inefficiencies existing on the lines
• Helping the quality team in quality checks
• Assisting the research and development team in formulating new products
• Reporting the findings and suggestions to the Production Manager
University of Kerala, India
Bachelor of Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering (GPA – 6.4) (2004-2008)
Environmental Biotechnology, Food Science and Technology, Enzyme Engineering, Economics and Management of Bio Industries, Biochemical Engineering, Downstream Processing, Process and Plant Design.
Project: - Database creation for Human Cathepsin Proteins
Level 2 award in food safety and catering - Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (Dec 2009)
Lead Auditor Training Course in Food Safety Management System at SGS, India
Personal Achievements and Management Tools
• Proposal for improving the packaging methods in Northern Foods, obtained approval.
• Committee member of EUBION (college level society for Bio Engineers) and played active part in organizing seminars, workshops, cultural and technical fests during my undergraduate studies.
• Elected as Career Guidance & Placement Unit Representative (2008) which involves inviting companies for placements and providing placements for students.
• Received Developing Solutions Scholarship for the master course from the University of Nottingham.
• Project management: - Scheduling and budgeting tools like PERT, GANTT Charts and Project Planning tools like Critical Path Analysis Flow Diagrams, Crashing on academic level projects.
• Academic knowledge in TQM and Six Sigma - Quality Control Tools
My work setting, university and industry atmosphere contributed a lot in developing my communication skill and able to communicate fluently in English, Malayalam, Hindi, and Tamil.
|Work History & Experience|
|Years of Work Experience:||1 to 2 Years|
Quality and Production Supervisor – Mountain Farms, India (July 2011- present)
Family owned business focusing on cultivating, picking and supplying high quality fruits and vegetables to the local markets across South India.
• Day to day process involves visual inspection and supervising raw vegetable intake, cleaning, grading, processing, packaging and final deliveries taking in account of all CCPs
• Responsible for production mapping and planning on a real focus to achieve departmental strategy
• Handling a team of 7 members at the quality control and production divisions and supervising their actions
• Set QA compliance objective and ensuring the targets are achieved
• Bring together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to understand the quality procedures
• Effectively interact with the Managers and the customers to maintain quality level
• Manage the paper works for all internal and external audits
• Monitor performance and reporting to the Farm Manager
Quality Control Analyst – Northern Foods, UK (June 2010 – March 2011)
Northern Foods is the UK’s most broadly based fresh food manufacturer supplying high quality chilled foods under the own labels of major retailers with a strong branded presence in Pizza, Biscuits, Ready Meals and Sandwiches.
• Ensuring the smooth production of the chilled food products strictly aligning to company's policy and considering all required safety, hygiene and quality standards.
• Strict implementation of food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices to all production operatives.
• Ensuring adequate investigation, corrective action implementation for non conformance, and follow-up when necessary.
• Strict compliance and monitoring of our Preventive Maintenance Schedule checklist.
• Familiarising new team members on quality and hygiene aspects.
• Filling in necessary paper works and reporting to the Quality Manager.
Production Control Analyst- Revenuemed India Ltd., India (November 2008 – August 2009)
A healthcare company focussing on information supply chain between hospitals and insurance companies based in the USA. Revenuemed India Ltd is a branch of Revenuemed Inc., Atlanta, USA
• Lead a team of four members in creating databases, maintained discipline and code of conduct according to company objectives within the team.
• Monitored and managed safe transfer of client e - files within tight deadlines.
• Informed clients about the status and estimated time of arrival of their files.
• Real time decision making while encountered with client issues.
• Organised and conducted bi-weekly meeting with other production control analysts and operations manager.
• Prepared daily reports on production status.