|Objective and Resume Summary|
|Senior System Administrator specialized on VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, Virtualization, AD, SQL, and Windows with 7 years of experience and Passion for designing, planning, deploying and supporting enterprise architectures using VMware, Microsoft and Citrix products|
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Strong expertise in design, configuration, implementation, integration and support in medium to large companies (in telecom, government and private industries) of Virtualization (VMware/Microsoft/Citrix), Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows servers, SCOM, SCVMM, SCCM, IIS Web servers, SQL Server, SMS, Unified Storage Server with DFS-R, Metalogix MAM4, Terminal Server, failover Cluster, Scripting and Development Tools (VB, VB Script, WMI, PowerShell), etc.
• +5 years planning, designing, implementing, migrating, supporting and administering VMware(4.0, 4.1, 5.0) ESX, vSphere, vCenter, HA, DRS, P2V, VCB, vDR, Operations Manager in large telecom environments.
• +3 years working with Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Server and Virtual PC
• +2 years designing, implementing, migrating, supporting and administering Citrix (6.0, 6.5), XenDesktop, XenApp, Provisioning Server) and Terminal Servers in international environments.
• 4+ years planning, designing, implementing and administrating experience on Exchange 2003, 2010.
• +5 years planning, designing, implementing and administering Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
• +4 years planning, designing, implementing and administering Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCVMM).
• +6 years planning, designing, implementing and administering Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCCM).
• +7 years designing, implementing, supporting and administering Windows servers (NT 4.0, 2000, 2003, 2008).
• +7 years designing, implementing, supporting and administering Active Directory networks. Excellent knowledge of Active Directory design and support (Group Policies, Schema, OUs, LDAP, Sites, Replication, etc.). Experience in large migrations.
• +7 years implementing, supporting and administering MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008).
• +5 years designing, implementing, supporting and administering Exchange Server (2003, 2010).
• +4 years planning, implementing, supporting and administering Windows Unified Storage Server 2003 with DFS-R.
• +4 years implementing, supporting and administering Internet Information Server (6.0, 7.x).
• +3 years implementing, supporting and administering Metalogix Archive Manager (MAM4).
• +5 years of Project Management en international environments applying best methodologies. Management skills including working on multiple projects, entire project lifecycle, prioritize tasks, project leadership, document projects using MS tools, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of scripting tools (VBScript, WMI, PowerShell, etc.) and development of utilities to automate process.
|My Key Skills:|| VMware vSphere|
VMware ESX 4.0, 4.1, 5.0
VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.0
Citrix XenDesktop 5.5, XenApp 6.0
Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, WINS, IIS, FTP, GPO and Certificate Service.
Exchange 2003, 2010
Microsoft System Center – Operations Manager(SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager(SCVMM), Configuration Manager(SCCM)
Core Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008
Exchange 2003, 2010
Windows Unified Storage Server 2003 with DFS, DFS-R, Single Instance Storage(SIS) technology
Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008
McAfee ePO and Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)
GFI Event Manager
Metalogix File Archiving Solution (MAM4)
|Education History, Qualifications & other additional information|
|Level of Education:||Bachelor|
2004 (India); Bachelor of Computer Applications from Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenApp 6.5.
Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for Citrix XenDesktop 5.
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP).
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL V3.0)
Automating administration using Windows PowerShell: 5-days hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Koenig Solutions Pvt Ltd, India – May 2012.
Citrix XenDesktop 6.0 Administration: 5-day hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Global Knowledge Network Pvt Ltd, India - Feb 2012.
Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration: 5-day hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Global Knowledge Network Pvt Ltd, India-Mar 2012.
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SCCM): Configuring, Managing and troubleshooting: 5-day hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Avantus Training Pte Ltd, Singapore - June 2011.
Microsoft Exchange 2010: Configuring, Managing and troubleshooting: 5-day hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Avantus Training Pte Ltd, Singapore - June 2010.
Microsoft Exchange 2010: Configuring, Managing and troubleshooting workshop conducted by Microsoft Premier Field engineer from August 01 to August 04 2010.
Microsoft System Center Operation Manager 2007 (SCOM): Installation and Configuration: 5-day hands-on instructor-led training conducted by Net Assist Pte, Singapore - June 2009.
Attended MCSE training conducted by NIIT in Dhaka form August 26, 2006 to September 3, 2007.
Attended J2EE training conducted by NIIT in Dhaka from April 3, 2005 to April 12, 2005.
Attended Oracle 8i training conducted by Infotech Global (India) Ltd in India from July 2003 to September 2003.
|Work History & Experience|
|Years of Work Experience:||7 to 8 Years|
|Orascom Telecom Bangladesh Ltd (Dhaka, Bangladesh) August 2008 - Today|
Senior System Administrator
• Design, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 4 and 5 environments with VirtualCenter management, Consolidated Backup, DRS, HA, DPM, vMotion, dVS, VMware Data Recovery and VMware vCenter Operations Manager (vCOPS) by maintaining 99.99 uptime. Experience with VMware View desktop virtualization (VDI).
• Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) migration of Windows NT, 2000, 2003, & 2008, as well as Linux servers from VMware, Hyper-V and legacy hardware.
• Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
• Architect, install and configure Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp and Provisioning server to implement VDI solutions for call centers users and other departmental knowledge workers.
• Design, install, configure, document and administrate Microsoft Hyper-V with virtual machine manager (SCVMM).
• Administering, defining and maintaining Windows 2008 Active Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, Certificate service and failover clustering.
• Upgrade Exchange 2003 infrastructure to 2010 SP1 and migrate around 2600 users to new Exchange infrastructure.
• Managed Windows 2008 active directory forest consisting of 4 domain controllers running services such as DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Certificate Services. Upgrade 2003 domain controller to windows server 2008 R2
• Install, Configure, administrate and monitor server hardware, blade chassis, operating system, services, distributed applications, and SQL database using Microsoft System Center Operation Manager 2007 (SCOM).
• Install, Configure and Maintaining the SCCM server infrastructure software and configuration, providing patch management for desktops, laptops and servers, creating custom collections, reports, packages and advertisements to support other areas within the company
• Administrating storage/file server using MS Unified Data Storage Server 2003 with DFS/DFS-R, Quota, File Screening and Single Instance Storage technology.
• Design and Implement File Server Archiving solution using MAM4Files.
• Install, configure and administrate MS SQL 2005, 2008 database.
• Deploying and setup of Windows 2003 and 2008 servers, IIS, SharePoint and other products on Dell/HP blades/rack servers and VMware ESX virtual machines.
Symbiosis International (Dhaka, Bangladesh) December 2006 – July 2008
Senior System Administrator
• Managed central Windows 2008 active directory forest consisting of 3 domain controllers running services such as DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Certificate Services. Upgrade 2003 domain controller to windows server 2008 R2
• Architect and implemented Microsoft and VMware solutions, with focus on Server Virtualization using VMware ESX/vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
• Implemented Front-end Back-end Architecture for Exchange Server 2003. Installed another two exchange server in a cluster environment, moved all the mailboxes and Public folders to the new servers. Administration and troubleshooting of Exchange 2003 Servers.
• Designed and implemented database changes, Reviewed and tuned SQL queries, stored procedures, views, triggers and Managed SQL servers health including backups, restores, monitoring.
• Installed and Configured of SMS 2003 primary and secondary sites at different locations for Patch management, Software Distribution, Hardware/Software Inventory and Software Metering.
• Migrated existing Windows 2000 file and print server to Windows 2003 with single domain namespace and configure SIS.
• Plan, design, implement to collect and monitor the events of the systems using GFI Event Manager.
• Planned, designed, implemented and administrate Windows Server Update Service – WSUS.
• Upgrade McAfee ePO 7.0 to 8.0 and Installing and troubleshooting Antivirus problems.
• Setup, configured and support of Dell PowerEdge, HP Proliant BL/DL Servers.
The ACMEIT Ltd (Dhaka, Bangladesh) January 2005 – November 2006
• Extensive work in Active Directory design, implementation of Windows 2003 servers, migration of Windows NT and 2000 servers to Windows 2003.
• Installation and migration of e-mail servers to Exchange 2000. Installation and configuration of ISA Server 2000, web servers running IIS, database servers to SQL Server 7/2000, Windows 2000 Terminal Server.
• Migrated workstations to Windows 2003 and implemented group, security and backup policies.
• Build, test and deploy Citrix XenApp PoC labs for each virtualization technologies (Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware ESX Server)
• Database migration from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
• Configured and maintained/patched/backup Windows 2000 file servers, Application/Web Application servers, Exchange servers, SQL Database server and configure/maintain Active Directory.
• Patch management, scanning systems for security MIS configuration using Microsoft baseline security analyzer.
• Implementation of SUS server & SMS server. Requirement was to maintain central database of hardware & software inventory, deploying software’s / security patches etc.
• Provided training and technical support for small businesses.
Resume Database » Information Technology CVs » Sr. Systems Administrator at Orascom Telecom Ltd with 7+yrs exp