|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
DestIndia provides Education based Internships in a selection of schools, ranging from old, established boarding schools, to smaller local schools in various areas. Depending on your preference, you will be placed in either of these types of schools.
Interns are given training in teaching, have the opportunity to teach English, Science, Social Studies, or Maths to a vibrant and passionate group of students. Furthermore, interns will participate in special activities and performances such as elocution and drama. All instruction is in English. Those interested in art, music and other performance-based fields are strongly encouraged to apply, as there are many opportunities for workshops and special projects. Comfortable housing and full meals are provided on the premises.
As an educational intern, you will:
• Work with children who are 6 to 12+ years of age. The subjects you teach may include English, general science, geography, math, art & craft, music & dance, and sports, depending upon your interests and the school’s requirements.
• The courses, by themselves, are quite simple. Once here, you will have to think of ways to amplify the basics and to engage interest. Of course, we can discuss and set down guidelines when you arrive
• In addition to formal classes, you will be involved in co-curricular activities (such as performances or celebrations), as well as some administrative assisting work.
• We can develop special classes according to your interests and/or talents.
• You will experience freedom beyond teaching, where we would encourage you to innovate, conceive new ideas to improve things at the school
• This is a great opportunity to broaden your perspective and worldview whilst being an economical way to live and travel abroad.
• You will have the opportunity to participate in and learn about local cultural activities
• The opportunity to make lifelong friends from around the world.
• A great way to develop and support your self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
The main school we partner with is the prestigious Sanawar The school is located in Himachal Pradesh, on a rural hilltop at 5,600 ft, forested with pine and evergreens. It has developed over some 139 acres and is now an historical landmark in its own right. The campus is a veritable wonderland of rambling paths, trees, flowers and exotic birdlife.
Founded by Sir Henry and Lady Honoria Lawrence, Sanawar is believed to be the first co-educational boarding school in the world. One of only six schools and colleges ever to be so honoured in the entire British Empire, the others being Eton, Shrewsbury, Cheltenham, the Duke of York’s Royal Military School and the Royal Military College, Sandhurst, Sanawar has held its Colour for the longest unbroken period.
Price: £30 GBP per week
How to apply: Please send your CV to us. We will contact you within a week for an interview
What’s Included: Accommodation, Airport Pickup and Drop-Off, One Day Orientation, Tour, Welcome Pack, 24/7 Support
What’s Not Included: Flights, Visa Fees, Travel Insurance, Transport around India
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||Less than 1 Year|
|Contact Name:||DestIndia Internships|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|