|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|The African Virtual University (AVU) is an equal opportunity employer.|
The successful candidate will be appointed on a 2 year contract (renewable).
Application must include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with: a telephone number; email and addresses; and names with contact addresses of three professional references.
The successful candidate will be based at the AVU Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
The closing date for this application is March 29th 2012 at 18:00 East African Time (UTC/GMT + 3).
Note: ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Business Development Manager will lead the Projects and Business Services unit, will report to the Rector and will be responsible for the following activities:
• Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the AVU Business Plan 2009-2014 and responsible for the coordination of the development of the next business plan
• Write proposals to secure new not-for-profit projects
• Increase sale of existing AVU services
• Diversify AVU services’ portfolio
• Manage AVU membership and clients as well as all sale communications
• Ensure that the implementation of projects and services is well coordinated with other units such as Academic Programs, Information Technology, Finance and Administration, the AVU Multinational II project coordinating unit, as well as the AVU office in Dakar Senegal
• Manage budget, including preparation of regular cash flow forecasts and ensuring timely submission of reports and reconciliation of funds with Finance and Administration;
• Providing regular reports to Management;
• Any other task that may be requested by the Rector;
• AVU Business Plan coordinated and monitored ; the development of the new business plan well coordinated
• Implementation of projects and services well coordinated with other AVU units
• AVU partnerships well managed
• New projects secured
• Sale of AVU services increased significantly
• AVU Services diversified
• A well managed budget for all projects and services
• Regular reports provided
MODALITIES OF WORK
The officer will work full time dedicating 8 hours in a day for 5 days a week.
The officer will work under the supervision of the AVU Rector or such other person as the client may designate from time to time in writing.
The salary will be commensurate with the qualification and experience of the successful candidate
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• University degree in Management, Business, Education or development related field |
• A master Degree in Business Administration, project management or related field. A PhD qualification is an added advantage.
• At least 5 years proven record of strategic planning, business development and project management
• Proven record of proposals writing
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proven record of partnerships and sales management in an multicultural international organization
• Computer skills; Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Access, MS Project, Internet skills, Proficiency in Learning Management Systems.
• Knowledge of Open, distance and eLearning is an asset
• Knowledge of and/or experience in higher education in Africa is an added advantage
• Strong writing and communications skills in English. Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is and added advantage
|Education Level Required:||Masters|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|