|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|REPORTS TO: Principal|
Provide quality education for students in the field of technology and computer skills and facilitate the staff in the use of technology to further student learning.
To assist the school as it moves forward implementing technology upgrades.
A teacher serves under the direct supervision of the building principal. Teachers are responsible for the students assigned to their care. A teacher has the responsibility to help the students develop skills and knowledge consistent with Sacred Heart and the Diocese of Monterey’s curriculum and goals. Teachers are responsible for maintaining a classroom climate which nurtures and supports student development.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Performs all general duties including, but not limited to the following:
1. Work with classroom teachers to prepare lessons that reflect a logical sequence of learning objectives and activities that meet the grade level standards, individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students for grades K-8.
2. Administer the Accelerated Reader Program and communicate progress of students to classroom teachers.
3. Create and maintain a classroom environment that promotes self-esteem and is conducive to effective teaching and learning.
4. Use a variety of instructional strategies and materials that are appropriate to the interest, learning styles, and abilities of your students.
5. Monitor and assess student progress, adjusting instruction accordingly.
6. Communicate student academic and behavioral progress to parents.
7. Keep accurate records and provide them to the administration on a timely basis.
8. Recommends and assists in the purchase of appropriate educational hardware and software to further the learning goals of the school.
9. Open the library during recess a minimum of 3 times a week to assist students in choosing AR books as well as providing a quiet place to spend recess.
10. Work with all the library parents to establish a consistent library system and maintain accurate records of books checked out/in.
11. Create overdue notices and maintain order in the library.
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The teacher shall:
a. Attend and participate in all required in-service programs.
b. Stay current through professional development opportunities.
c. Share expertise and knowledge with the staff.
d. Demonstrate punctuality and dependability.
e. Promote a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward education.
f. Develop and maintain positive and cooperative interactions and communication with school staff and the community.
g. Utilize established channels for handling routine procedures, resolving problems/concerns and making suggestions.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||1. Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and appropriate initial certification to teach at the Elementary School level and computer/technology.|
2. Working knowledge of Windows Office and educational software programs.
3. Ability to learn to use and support in the staff with use of SMART boards.
4. Ability to train and assist the staff and students to use hardware and software efficiently.
5. Ability to coordinate the library check out/in process and work with library volunteers to coordinate all efforts.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||Alia Primary School|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|