|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|IAFT, a boutique film school located in Burbank, CA, is seeking to hire an experienced Director of Education. The Director of Education serves as the academic leader and manager of faculty members, and is directly responsible and accountable for ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and outcomes. He/She should have previous experience with the US accreditation process.|
We are also seeking this same position for our other location in Hollywood, Florida.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a solid leadership team of staff members to ensure retention outcomes, expeditious course scheduling, optimum use of faculty, and resolution of administrative issues.
- Manage daily academic operations to remain within budgetary constraints and improve operating margins.
- Ensure faculty are trained on all designated curriculum and institutional assessment initiatives.
- Create effective and realistic school development plan and goals per year
- Support overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability
- Initiate strategic partnerships with different organizations to support school and students such as internships opportunities and special events.
- Directly work with the CEO and COO for special projects
- Maintains student records through Leads360 and search for right school management tools
- Initiate school policies and procedures as approved by CEO and COO
- Handles special programs like the MyCAA program for Military Spouses
- Oversight responsibility for hiring, training, evaluating, and retaining qualified faculty
- Supervise the completion of faculty development plans, faculty evaluations, and assessment of development plans.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure all faculty receive written performance evaluations.
- Participate in curriculum development, evaluation and revision as requested.
- Ensure department compliance with state Department of Education, accreditation, and company criteria, regulations, and policies.
- Help facilitate and organize the accreditation process.
- Organize class schedule per term and programming
- Lead student retention activities that include, but are not limited to: contacting absent students, new student orientation, coordinating departmental student academic advising, providing a beginning point of contact for student escalation issues.
- Contribute to the overall success of the school
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Minimum Qualifications:|
• Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) required, Masters Preferred.
• Three or more years experience as a Director of Education for an accredited Career School OR four years experience as an Assistant Director of Education with an accredited Career School (in the field of film, television or entertainment preferred).
• Four to seven years experience and/or training.
• Experience developing courses, managing accreditation outcomes and an understanding of pedagogy.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• The highest levels of integrity at all times.
• Persuasive communication skills, with an orientation toward results.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• An ongoing customer focus.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||International Academy of Film and Television|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|