|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Position -: Technical Superintendent|
Reporting to -: General Manager (GM).
Overall Job Objectives
• Cost effective management of ships covering all aspects except pre fixture matters related to chartering
• Ensure that vessels are maintained in compliance with statutory, class and charter party requirements.
• Crewing of vessels with personnel of highest caliber hired within the allotted budgets.
• Motivation of the overall ship management team to achieve the set goals.
• Implement proven ship management practices.
• Implement all directives of the company management relating to ship management.
• Run safer ships to maintain cleaner oceans.
Duties, responsibilities & tasks:
• Ensure that the vessels are technically maintained to standards in accordance with their specification. He shall ensure that the DSV Operations manager is made aware of any circumstances or conditions which could potentially lead to future downgrading of vessel services.
• Responsible for establishing and implementing good systems and engineering practices with the Marine Operations Department.
• The Technical Superintendent shall be responsible for ensuring that all vessels are technically managed in accordance with their Planned Maintenance System and that all records and certification are up to date.
• The Technical Superintendent will perform the normal roles and responsibilities of a Technical Superintendent. In addition he will be responsible for the performance of special projects/dry dockings and studies as defined by the Operations Manager.
• Will develop and maintain systems for defect monitoring and repair reporting, authorization and implementation.
• Assume the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager either in his/her absence or during periods of leave. This may be jointly performed with the Marine Superintendent.
• Develop vessel management procedures as directed by the Operations Manager
• Evaluate the performance, ability and suitability of the vessel's Engineering Department.
• Participate in budget process as directed by the DSV Operations Manager
• Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team during an emergency.
• Participate in Marine Management Review meetings
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Educational Qualification and Special Training |
1) Undergraduate degree in engineering or.
2) First class chief engineer certificate.
3) Previous experience as a Port Engineer.
3) 2 Years Experience as a technical manager or superintendent.
4) Experience in AHTSS Vessels.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||5 to 6 Years|
|Contact Name:||Shamco International Recruitment|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|