|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
Medacs healthcare have been appointed by one of our top nhs trusts to assist in the recruitment of specialty doctors in anaesthetics for the. Duties will be principally at one hospital. It is a 12 pa post but can be negotiated between 10 – 12 pas.
The successful candidate will join the team of anaesthetists in elective/emergency services. With the expansion, reconfiguration and centralisation of service ongoing anaesthetics staff will need to be flexible regarding the sites they are allocated to work.
The trust manages three hospitals, it provides general healthcare and some specialist services and has close links with specialist hospitals, such as harefield. The trust is proud of its control of hospital acquired infections and is free of infection at its elective centre. With one of the safest maternity services in the country, we remain patient-led, understand patients’ needs and expectations, and have strong partnerships with neighboring nhs organizations, local authorities and voluntary groups.
This is a 12 pas post. Applicants who would like to work 10pas would also be considered.
Responsibility will be to consultant lead for specialty doctors and the clinical director. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to review the job plan with the clinical director or representative at least once a year
In the first instance the post holder will form one member of a full shift, first on call for itu, theatres or obstetrics. The successful candidate will go onto the itu rota when/if they have passed the final frca or they are assessed as competent to do so. In the meantime they will get supervised experience during the day. At least one session per week will be under consultant supervision. Work allocated may vary according to requirements and may daytime pas in itu, in main theatre and day surgery, as well as ect and obstetrics. The specialty doctors will be expected to exercise an intermediate level of clinical responsibility but ultimate responsibility for the patients they treat will rest with the relevant consultant.
- mbbs or equivalent medical qualification
- frca part i anaesthesia or equivalent
- eligible for full registration with the gmc at time of appointment
- 3 years in approved professional training post for uk trained applicants, recognised by the royal college of anaesthesia.
- overseas candidates must be able to demonstrate they have completed at least 3 years in the speciality of anaesthesia in a past post, these must be comparable to that obtained in the uk during a similar training period.
- minimum of 3 years experience in anaesthesia
- evidence of achievement of st1/ct1 competences in a relevant specialty at time of application and likelihood of achieving st2/ct2 competences in a relevant specialty by the start date of the post.
Specialty specific skills related to the post
- broad based experience in anaesthesia, obstetric anaesthesia and analgesia and intensive care.
- proven ability to work effectively in different clinical settings required in the job.
The salary band would be from £36,807 – £49,398 depending on experience and this is based on 10pa’s – the posts actually attract 12 pa’s .
|Education Level Required:||Doctorate|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|