|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Seeking a PT with strong Manual Skills!|
Full time or Part time
Relo and Sign-on Bonus Negotiable
Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
1. Tests and evaluates the extent of a patient's disability to ensure proper treatment using various tests and procedures.
2. Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; and administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve pain, and prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic techniques and procedures. This includes patients in establishing goals and obtains patient's informed consent as necessary.
3. Provides patients and family members with treatment plan and instructions for home exercise programs and pain relief techniques.
4. Upgrades treatment plan and goals as patient progresses.
5. Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
6. Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
7. Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy management and patient management.
8. Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each patient including evaluation, treatment and progress.
9. Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient, and discharge from treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, and contraindications.
10. Maintains compliance with documentation standards of department and regulatory agencies.
11. Establishes safe work environment.
12. Maintains clinical competency and ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the APTA.
13. Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, and apparatus in clean, safe and functional condition.
14. Directs and instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
15. Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public patients and other personnel.
16. Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice and care either by means of phone triage and/or 1st Contact PT.
17. Provides input and/or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes, services, member and provider education, development of handouts, and other related services.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:|
Three (3) years of full time practice as a licensed Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required.
Actively pursuing and engaging in at least one of these continue education or clinical experience to gain/enhance clinical expertise required as described below:
Post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus
Fellowship or certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our patient population and is clinic based.
Expertise/competency in a particular subject matter in a clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject matter that we have limited resources or specialists on staff.
Expertise/competency that has been gained from years of clinical experience from treating a pertinent diagnosis or patient population
Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of Basic PT Clinical Core Competencies preferred. Refer to list of clinical competencies
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral Degree with certification in physical therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR DESIGNATION:
Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia required.
National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
BLS Certification required.
Enrollment in PECOS within 30 days of assignment to position required.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||Tiffany Wiernusz|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|