|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|With limited supervision, the BI Architect is responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders to design and deploy business intelligence tools that promote self service for the advanced analytic needs of the company. Also ensures that the underlying infrastructure supporting business intelligence tools is in place. Work is varied and complex, and requires a moderate degree of discretion and independent judgment.|
• Consults with and evaluates user business requirements and translates into logical and physical data models that support customer analytical and reporting demands.
• Oversees the maintenance and creation of BI systems based on existing architecture and environments to solve business issues.
• Ensures that the data in the data warehouse is accurate and accessible to users as needed.
• Ensures that the data in the transactions systems is reliably and predictably loaded into the data warehouse in accordance with the established schedule.
• Assesses and evaluates new technologies that would allow the data warehouse to continuously improve in availability and accessibility and self-service.
• Ensures the development and implementation of test plans and is responsible for managing all phases of Data Warehouse testing.
• Manages the design, implementation and performance of business focused data marts, including the definition of meta data standards for decision support data marts.
• Leads the analysis and evaluation of new technologies and products to determine their feasibility and ability to fulfill user and business requirements in the Data Warehouse and analytics space.
• Analyzes existing or proposed work processes to determine feasibility for automated adaptation; documents and prepares written analysis and recommendations.
• Develops and implements policies, standards and protocols for database administration and data architecture. Ensures that appropriate enterprise-level data governance policies are created and implemented and monitors organizational adherence to those policies.
• Develops and maintains business requirements, statements of work (SOWs), process documentation, and program documentation.
• Collaborates in the planning and execution of system upgrades and resolution of data quality issues.
• Collaborates in planning operating procedures for the QNXT claims processing system that meet established guidelines.
Collaborates with enterprise architecture on the Data Warehouse technology and functionality roadmap.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Education and Experience: |
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, or closely related field;
• At least 10 years working with and supporting business and/or technology users;
• At least 5 years experience in leading a data warehouse team;
• Demonstrated knowledge of data warehousing and data transformation services.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in a health care setting, with preference for experience in a managed care organization or health plan setting.
License, Certification, Registration:
• Valid California driver license and reliable transportation or, the ability to obtain transportation on demand in the counties served by HPSJ if prohibited from getting a driver license due to a medically documented disability.
• MBA, MIS, or The Data Warehouse Institute certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• In-depth knowledge of the principles and methods of all phases of systems development lifecycle methodology.
• In-depth knowledge of business intelligence concepts, practices, and procedures
• In-depth knowledge of the principles and methods of systems analysis for data processing applications.
• Strong understanding of data visualization techniques and tools.
• Strong collaboration, business consulting and solution design skills.
• Strong knowledge of data definition language.
• Strong knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of hardware and software.
• In-depth knowledge of the principles and methods of data warehouse testing.
• In-depth knowledge in the design and construction of operational data stores, data warehouses, and data marts that enable well-integrated analytical systems.
• Strong subject matter knowledge in one or more functional areas (i.e. benefits, claims adjudication, member or provider demographic data management, medical management, or finance.
• Ability to conceptualize and design new methods for practical applications.
• Ability to develop policies, standards and protocols for database administration/architecture.
• Ability to balance the need to develop and implement a well-conceived architecture with the pragmatic need to deliver business results.
• Ability to discover, analyze, synthesize, and document information needs for both analytical and decision support reporting and monitoring.
• Strong knowledge of Windows systems, network and domain architecture.
• In-depth knowledge and skill on current and emerging utilities and solutions such as electronic data interchange, data quality and profiling, and data management.
• Basic knowledge of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to seek alternatives, new ideas, and/or approaches to problems, and develop and implement solutions.
• Ability to work independently and as a liaison between departmental functions, strategy groups and team members.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical users, and make presentations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels both inside and outside of HPSJ
• Strong organization skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and meet agreed-on deadlines.
• Ability to train users in complex and technical topics and/or devise training programs for users.
• Intermediate skills in Excel and Word.
• Ability to speak and be understood in English.
• Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||5 to 6 Years|
|Contact Name:||Health Plan of San Joaquin|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|