|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Job Title: Infection Control Practitioner|
Department: Quality Management
Section: Infection Prevention & Control Program
Collection and analysis of infection control data, consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention and control strategies, implementation of infection control measures, products and procedure evaluation and application of epidemiological principles to improve patient outcomes in a cost effective manner
NATURE & SCOPE OF WORK
• Collect, review, analyze and interpret surveillance data and recommend appropriate actions to clinicians and administrators targeted to reduce or eliminate infectious risks in patients and staff.
• Conduct investigations of outbreaks.
• Conduct activities related to exposure of patients and employees to communicable diseases.
• Develop, review, evaluate and implement infection control policies to improve quality of care.
• Develop, review and maintain infection control manuals for HMC areas.
• Plan, develop and conduct in-service education programs for HMC employees.
• Consult with department and administrative staff on infection control issues.
• Initiate and participate in quality improvement projects.
• Develop routine quality improvement reports.
• Performs other departmental duties as assigned.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||NATIONALITY|
Western / Arab with Western Qualification
Graduate from an accredited medical school / nursing school with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. (Registered Nurse, Physician, Epidemiologist, Medical Technologist, Masters Degree in Publich health)
Three years of experience in hospital infection control; certification in infection control from the Certification Board of Infection Control is preferred. Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
KEY SKILLS / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Energetic and challenged by opportunities to develop training programs and teaching materials.
• Passionate about infection prevention and control, committed to quality patient care and CQI.
• Good interpersonal, written and presentation skills and time management skills.
• Team leader with demonstrated ability to conduct training exercises and seminars.
• Enthusiasm and ability to excite and engage participants with the topic of infection control.
• Patient and meticulous about detail. Good statistical collation and analysis skills.
• Ability to work well independently and flexibly as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Suitable degree of physical stamina to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work well under pressure and in adherence to tight deadlines.
|Education Level Required:||Masters|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||5 to 6 Years|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|