|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Under limited supervision, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing large and/or complex projects consistent with PMO standards and organization strategies and objectives. Work is varied and complex, and requires a high degree of discretion and independent judgment.|
• Assists in the identification and prioritization of organization-wide projects.
• Develops project plans and associated documents, and ensures their dissemination and understanding among stakeholders.
• Proactively manages project scope, timelines, deliverables, dependencies and critical path items, taking timely and effective action as required.
• Identifies, secures and continually assesses required project resources, negotiating with other departments if necessary.
• Identifies, secures and manages required third party consultants and vendors.
• Conducts project post mortems, including the identification of successes and areas for improvement, and incorporates into future projects.
• Identifies, prepares and maintains, or oversees or provides support, of appropriate and required data, records, reports and other documentation.
• Participates in the selection of and management of internal and external project resources.
• Develops and manages project budgets, including estimates of the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• Expert knowledge of and ability to apply the principles and best practices of project management, including: project lifecycle, scope definition and management, planning and scheduling, monitoring, communication cycles, managing project teams and risk management.|
• Strong knowledge of the healthcare and managed care industry, its products, services and major business processes.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to establish direction, build alliances, and inspire and motivate others.
• Very strong assessment, problem-solving and analytical skills, with ability to determine key issues, develop effective actions plans and implement to successful conclusion.
• Strong knowledge of and skills in change management theory and practice.
• Very strong collaboration skills, with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work environment, maintain effective, high performance teams, and organize people and resources to solve problems and identify opportunities.
• Very strong facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Very strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to initiate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels both inside and outside of HPSJ.
• Very strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate data and information professionally, effectively, persuasively and on a timely basis, both orally and in writing to diverse individuals and groups inside and outside of the organization.
• Strong presentation skills, including the ability to tailor presentations to a specific audience, and address and interact with large groups.
• Demonstrated ability to articulate and embrace organizational values, integrate into management practices, and foster their manifestation among staff.
• Strong skills in budget development and management, with demonstrated ability to bring projects in on time and on budget.
• Strong coaching/counseling skills, including the ability to function as a mentor to management and employees by assisting in the identification and resolution of issues.
• Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Advanced skills in project management software.
• Ability to speak and be understood in English.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree; and
• At least six years experience in project management in a healthcare environment, including technology projects; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience successfully managing many large, complex, high cost and high risk health plan projects.
License, Certification, Registration:
• Valid California driver license and reliable transportation or, the ability to obtain transportation on demand in the counties served by HPSJ if prohibited from getting a driver license due to a medically documented disability.
• Certification in project management.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||5 to 6 Years|
|Contact Name:||Health Plan of San Joaquin|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|