|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Position Summary: |
The post holder will work under the directive of the Chief Medical Information Officer and is responsible for planning and organizing the clinical content related to clinical transformation process.The post holder is a clinician who is knowledgeable about order set components and their relationship to the care and treatment of inpatients and should understand the clinical documentation needs of Registered Nurses and other clinical disciplines within the inpatient setting. A key responsibility is to be familiar with organizational policies, procedures, business operations, and regulatory requirements related to orders and clinical documentation and should be Knowledgeable about national standards related to quality and safety.
The position holder will work under the supervision of the Chief Medical Information Officer and will communicate to members of the Physician Design and Clinical Documentation Teams, analyze orders requirements specific to HMC, analyze clinical documentation needs and work with service provider and content partners to customize content and achieve clinically validated order sets and clinical documentation tools and participate in current state mapping and future state workflow development, application design and development, content issues resolution, implementation and ongoing support. A core responsibility will be to use key decisions documents to frame decision dialogue and support consensus building among clinicians and contribute to the development of policies and procedures related to orders clinical documentation.
The position holder will participate in system resolution sessions with Chief Medical Information Officer and stakeholders(CRG) where decisions will be made related to content, workflow and clinical practice overall and ensure alignment of orders and clinical documentation content with the clinical transformation objectives of the CIS project implementation and also identify and manage resistance to change and contribute to strategies to mitigate resistance. The position holder will participate in development and utilization of data in clinical departments.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Principal Accountabilities:|
• Knowledgeable about all components of orders and clinical documentation content
• Plans, organizes and facilitates process to support physicians in development of order sets and physician
• Plans, organizes and facilitates process to support RNs and disciplines to develop content for clinical
documentation tolls such as assessments, flowsheets, care plans and patient education tools.
• Assesses content implementation strategies and the impact those strategies will have on workflow and operations
• Documents the current and future state workflows that are impacted by clinical documentation
• Understands how content and functionality impact practice workflow
• Contributes to policy and procedure development that will be used in conjunction with the orders and clinical documentation applications
• Achieves in-depth knowledge of the software and serves as a super user and support in the training of end users.
• Conducts regular day-to-day communication with content vendors; works with vendors to tailor content to organizational needs
• Contributes to practice workflow analysis and redesign
• Acts as a contact and coordinator for questions and issues that arise related to clinical content
• Troubleshoots content problems or questions from users
• Participates in regular status reporting
• Prepares detailed content specifications as needed
• Collects information regarding potential system enhancement needs related to content
• Supervises and mentors assigned analyst
• Helps clinical departments database development and utilization
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college in the Health Sciences (Nursing, Medicine, etc.)
Minimum Experience: Minimum 3 years clinical or operational experience in clinical practice. Experience in Clinical Information systems (CERNER installations preferred).
Preferred Experience: Experience with implementing clinical information systems and /or large-scale and complex standardization and implementation of a clinical solution is highly desirable
Computer Skills: • Proficient IT skills with high level of competency in Microsoft office.
Required Certification or Licensure or Registration: CERNER Certification in the orders and/or clinical documentation applications is highly desirable
Language Skills : • Essential to be fluent in written and oral English
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||Jerry Varghese Global Executive Search|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|