|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|NATURE OF WORK The employee identifies and treats health disorders among students and provides instruction in the maintenance of good health and disease prevention. The employee must evaluate the physical conditions of students and refer students to appropriate resources as needed. Decisions made by this employee require discretionary judgment and analysis. Errors may not be easily discernible and may result in serious impact on the individual child and others. The work of this employee is seldom reviewed while in progress and is performed under general supervision.|
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
• Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program.
• Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies.
• Initiates program changes as needed.
• Manages program allotment efficiently.
• Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and health department.
• Collaborates with other child-support agencies in designing and providing a school health program.
• Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program.
• Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
• Maintains security of school health supplies.
• Serves as a resource person on health issues.
• Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers.
• Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
• Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required.
• Recommends corrective action where problems are identified.
• Conducts home visits when appropriate.
• Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
• Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.|
• Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
• Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
• Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
• Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served.
• Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
• Ability to develop and maintain health records on students.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships.
SUGGESTED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE Completion of training necessary for licensing as a registered nurse and experience in pediatrics and/or public health nursing preferred.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||Alia Primary School|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|