|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Medix is currently seeking a quailfied Inpatient Coder. |
Type: Direct Hire
Job Responsibilities: Ensures accurate and appropriate reimbursement by coding diagnosis and procedures on ambulatory surgery records in ICD-9 CM and CPT-4.
• Assigns appropriate modifiers to avoid line item rejections
• Calculates APC payment for hard codes assigned
• Performs a variety of data entry functions related to the minimum data set
• Paid Time Off (PTO) – 30 vacation days accrued based on job grade level and includes 6 holidays. EIB (Extended Illness Bank) starts off with 7 sick days and accrual based on job grade level.
• Medical Benefits Offered: Health care benefits start day 1, no delay in coverage.
• Medical (Anthem program of BC/BS)
• Dental (Delta Dental program)
• 401(k) – matching contributions up to 3% of ee’s eligible pay (.50 to ee’s $1)
• Life Insurance – coverage up to 4 x pay is offered at various rates to ee
• Long and Short-Term Disability – STD and LTD (fee) – offered after 1 year of service
• Dependent Life Insurance – can be purchased
• Flexible Spending Account – Dollar amounts deducted pre-tax from each paycheck
• Childcare Subsidy – F/T is 25% up to $50/week; P/T is a pro-rated amount
• Tuition Reimbursement – after 6 months of service ee can apply; f/t ee’s up to $4K/year and pro-rated for part-time workers.
• On-site benefits – Gym on-site; Dry cleaning services, massages, etc. for fee (first visit fee), discounted train/travel expenses.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Minimum education: |
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• CPC Preferred
• College courses in anatomy, physiology, medical terminology, IC9-CM and CPT- coding preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in acute care facility
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|