|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Job description position: cardiovascular and special procedures technologist –nuclear lab|
Prepare, administer, and measure radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies utilizing a variety of radioisotope equipment. Prepare stock solutions of radioactive materials and calculate doses to be administered by radiologists. Subject patients to radiation. Execute blood volume, red cell survival, and fat absorption studies following standard laboratory techniques.
• Calculate, Prepare and Administer radiopharmaceuticals including radioactive iodine or radiation orally or intravenously to detect or treat diseases, using radioisotope equipment, under direction of a physician.
• Prepare and maintain a Comprehensive Procedures and Workflow Manual and Records/Log Book of all procedures performed in the Nuclear Labs
• Detect and map radiopharmaceuticals in patient’s bodies, using a camera to produce photographic or computer images.
• Produce a computer-generated or film image for interpretation by a physician.
• Calculate, measure and record radiation dosage or radiopharmaceuticals received, used and disposed, using computer and following physician's prescription.
• Perform quality control checks on laboratory equipment and cameras.
• Maintain and calibrate radioisotope and laboratory equipment.
• Dispose of radioactive materials and store radiopharmaceuticals, following radiation safety procedures.
• Process cardiac function studies, using computer.
• Prepare stock radiopharmaceuticals, adhering to safety standards that minimize radiation exposure to workers and patients.
• Record and process results of procedures.
• Utilize equipment in a safe and professional manner, employing techniques and procedures to protect patients, self and others from harmful radiation.
• Assume responsibility for creating and documenting standards and guidelines for effective operation of the Nuclear Labs.
• Participate in marketing and community service programs (including Speaking engagements) as necessary to further the mission of HIC.
• Maintain an open and flexible attitude when asked to play other roles within the Institution and the community to further the goals of HIC.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||HEART INSTITUTE OF THE CARIBBEAN|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|