|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Indian Chef – Curry & Tandoor – Auckland – New Zealand|
The position requires that dishes in your individual section be produced live on stations within the main restaurant area. You will be required to interact with customers as dishes are created and manage your section independently and be able to handle busy periods effectively.
As part of a busy restaurant operation you will be responsible for revenues for your section. Ensuring your individual section optimises, in all aspects of sales and service. You will assist your senior Chef in managing all aspects relating to your section.
The candidate will be responsible for control and efficient running of Indian section, according to specified standards of the restaurant while adhering to company and statutory regulations pertaining to health and safety and hygiene.
Main Responsibilities/Key Tasks:
• Have a full operational knowledge of all recipes, standards, portion sizes and presentation style of dishes produced within the Indian section.
• To aid the Senior Chef to achieve the restaurants budgeted food costs.
• To carry out month-end food stocktaking
• Actively involved in menu planning for the restaurant and outside catering.
• To be involved in menu compilation. The candidate will be responsible for preparing and cooking a range of curries and tandoor dishes as set out in the restaurant menu
• Ensure food prepared is of highest possible standards.
• Working with the management and setting daily production levels and weekly production levels for Indian section.
• Controlling portion sizes in accordance with food specifications.
• Maintaining stocks levels according to levels of business and understanding how this can have an affect on food costs.
• Plan and allocate jobs/tasks to subordinate staff, ensuring that all items produced are according to standard recipes, portion yields and
within agreed time limits and minimum wastage.
• Dealing with food complaints efficiently.
• Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills.
• Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of traditional North Indian Cuisine.
• Ordering and stock check in concurrence with the management.
• Understanding of what units raw ingredients are delivered in.
• Knows how to check deliveries including checking weights, temperature and use by dates on raw ingredients.
• Overseeing deliveries and ensuring they are stored safely and hygienically in accordance with stock.
• Check that all food safety regulations and procedures are fully complied with. Report any defective equipment or safety hazards within the
• Conduct any special daily or periodic duties (e.g. Refrigerator temperature readings/recordings).
Controlling departmental costs and expenses, conduct regular wastage checks.
• Assisting in achieving the weekly/period budgeted food gross profit percentage margin.
• Encourage safe working procedures and to comply with statutory and company health and safety regulations, especially fire
precautions, manual handling, chemical usage and storage, disposal of waste materials and reporting of accidents.
Candidate must have at least 3 years experience
The incumbent must be qualified in Hotel Management with atleast 3 years of exp and with good knowledge of spoken English. Knowledge of a foreign language would be an added advantage.
This job is on work permit for 24 months
No of Openings: 6
Must be able to speak Hindi/Tamil/Telugu/Kannada (to interact with other employees) alongwith English
Age not more than 35 years
Experience of around 3 – 5 years preferred.
You must be eligible to live and work in the NZ
Kindly note that the employer will not sponsor for the candidate and the expenses would be borne by the candidate. Only such candidate need respond.
Total No of positions: 4 – Male Candidates only.
Validity of work permit 24 months
Auto responders from portals would not be considered.
Interested candidates may respond using the Apply Online Box below
Our contact details:
Pegasus Staffing Solutions
93 Arcot Road
Phones: 91 44 42046607/08
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||BHM|
|Education Level Required:||College|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|