|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Line Cook Hilton Garden Inn- Detroit|
Every step to success needs a good support structure. The hotel is in a prime downtown Detroit, location. We allow our associates to enrich all aspects of our hotel's performance through veteran expertise. Our hotel is committed to delivering excellence in hotel operations, profitability, and guest service through a hands-on approach and practical experience. At Hilton you must possess , strong core values - based in customer service and associate satisfaction - continue to serve as the foundation of our success. Witness the dramatic results attained through this principled approach, which drives all aspects of daily operation. Among the guiding principles at Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown are the following basic truths: •Direct experience drives success.
•Satisfied associates produce satisfied guests.
•Every hotel property is entitled to senior-level management attention.
•Outstanding communication is essential to performance.
•Executive staff are operators at heart.
•A hands-on approach is critical to consistent results. We offer 1 week paid vacation, a pension fund and so much more Hilton is a great brand to work for!!!!
1. Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
2. Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
3. Date all food containers and rotate as per Crescent standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
4. Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
5. Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
6. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per Crescent standards.
7. Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||1 to 2 Years|
|Contact Name:||Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Downtown|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|