|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Application Support Analyst|
To provide 1st & 2nd line technical support to internal & external platform users, assisting them accessing our services but also ensuring continuous service with our Server, networking and hardware problems via emails and calls.
• To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support queries professionally and efficiently, maintaining a high degree of customer service.
• To ensure that all SLA’s are met.
• To work effectively and productively with 3rd line support.
• To take ownership of user problems, perform a technical diagnosis and fix the issue either remotely or on-site.
• To document all calls on the call logging system.
• Produce statistics each month on Helpdesk issues.
• To maintain user security on all systems.
• Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis
• Ensure Help Desk coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required
• Monitors problem management database and follows up with assigned personnel to ensure timely resolution of problems
• Maintains a central source of information enabling Help Desk team and Process analyst Team and support technicians to recover outages with minimal disruption to expected service levels
• Invokes problem escalation procedures to coordinate recovery
• Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
• Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, status reports, and graphical reporting aids are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
• Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer support of the Help Desk are continually carried through
• Contributes to departmental productivity and development objectives by participating in training programs
• Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude, and providing learning incentives
• Accurately communicates pertinent information. Assists in the development and implementation of quality improvement programs for assigned department(s)
• Solves problems and makes decisions on a daily basis relative to Help Desk responsibilities. Ensures that effective Help Desk representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments and divisions
• Interfaces with users of Information Technology, employing a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive image of the department; resolves problem situations in a professional manner. Accurately communicates pertinent information to create a work environment that lends itself to the best interests of departmental personnel and customer service
• Performs duties in a cost-effective manner to avoid waste of resources without jeopardizing quality of care and service
• Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
• Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to support service issues
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 and MS Server 2003 / 2008.|
• Networking Experience (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi)
• Knowledge of Active Directory (AD).
• Experience troubleshooting MS Office
• Remote Access tools such as Log Me In or PC Anywhere.
• Good understanding of PC hardware and software set-up and configuration and TCP/IP networking skills.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• MCP certification would be a plus
• In depth SQL Server Database Administration experience is highly desirable
• Experience of managing multiple MS SQL 2005 & 2008 server is highly desirable
• Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
• Experience Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
• Experience of Transactional SQL, and DTS stored procedures.
• Practical experience in managing the internal and external MS SQL database security
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|