|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN AFGHANISTAN |
The HVAC Mechanic performs installation, maintenance, service, and repairs on various makes and models of heat pumps, electric heat, and A/C units utilizing knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, and mechanical principles.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain, install, repair, and properly charge heat pumps and A/C systems according to manufacturer specifications, including systems ranging in size from two (2) to twenty (20) tons
• Identify, adjust, repair, or replace defective mechanical, electrical, and electronic components
• Remove, replace, and properly dispose of system refrigerants, compressor, oil, filters, and dryers
• Estimate and order materials and supplies as needed
• Complete maintenance and repair records
• Clearly communicate with the customer
• Repair and maintain washers, dryers, and small appliances
• Lead and advise assigned helpers
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
• Working knowledge of how to install, repair, and maintain environmental control systems to include package units, split-systems, and through-the-wall units
• Knowledge and skill in safe operation of power tools, hand tools, oxygen, and acetylene equipment employed in maintenance and repair, including use of volt meter, amp meter, refrigerant charging gauges, vacuum analyzer, vacuum pump, and refrigerant reclaim equipment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manual
• Skill in properly analyzing and repairing problems associated with environmental control systems
• Ability to reclaim refrigerant, cut, bend, braze, solder, and connect functional sealed system components
• Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
• Minimum three (3) years of work experience repairing, maintaining, and installing heat pumps, A/C units with electric heat, and fuel-fired heaters
• Prefer experience repairing washers and dryers
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• HVAC Trade School Certification
• EPA Section 608 Universal Certification or equivalent verifiable home of record Certification in Refrigerant Recycling/Recovery
DISCLAIMER: DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DynCorp International never charges candidates for employment or processing fees. Any request for payments or fees for employment with DynCorp International is illegal. Please inform your nearest DynCorp International representative if anyone approaches you for a fee or payment.
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|
Company/Business: WRSS - A DynCorp International Company
|Job Title:||HVAC Mechanic|
|County or nearby cities:||Afghanistan|
|Posted:||This Job Posting has Expired|