|Are you passionate about gaming? |
Anakan GmbH is a specialized game localization company working in 30 languages located in Berlin, Germany. As of today, we have localized more than 1,300 products for many of the world's best-known companies. Our full-service business is based on two key principles – commitment to customer satisfaction and a genuine love of gaming.
Our services include:
- Translation: coordination, in-game text, manuals, scripts
- Testing: localization testing, functionality testing, compliance testing
- Audio: pre-/post-production, multilingual voiceovers
- DTP: text-flow, layout, font management
- Creative media: including demos, trailers and advertising materials
Anakan GmbH is seeking a Linguistic Coordinator who is native Mexican, with demonstrated organizational, leadership, and supervisory abilities to manage our client’s projects.
The successful candidate will coordinate linguistic projects with in-house and freelance translators, in terms of schedule and production, within a given budget, and be responsible of validating freelancers’ invoices of assigned projects.
This position can be a full or part time position for a short period of time at the Anakan office in Berlin.
- Assigning work to translators in-house as well as freelancers, setting guidelines and supervising work in progress
- Preparing, packaging, sending, and receiving files for translation and linguistic QA
- Maintain product specific glossaries, translation memories, and any other linguistic material, and ensure the consistent use of them
- Actively coordinate the resolution of linguistic issues
- Work with other members of the group, in a team or as a project lead, respecting all procedures.
- Ensure core product teams produce localization kits and certification kits prior to localization project launches
- Proofreading of translations
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Requirements:|
- Enjoys managing several products simultaneously and is able to easily switch context between projects
- Possesses excellent cross-functional negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent command of the English language (source language of texts) is essential
- Native Mexican
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Translation experience is required
- Linguistic Degree is a real plus
- Strong team player
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to research in depth a variety of subjects
- Flexible and proactive approach to tackling tasks
- Understands and can clearly communicate on software engineering
- Use MS Project, CAT software, MS Office