|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Artistic Dreams International (ADI) is looking for a volunteer teaching assistant for its “I Am an Artist” program to assist in teaching children and teens the skills of painting, drawing, and mixed media, installation art, digital arts, and other art forms. There will be a selection process for all applicants to determine whether the applicant is qualified and knowledgeable. |
The teaching assistant/coordinator will be expected to devote roughly 5 hours per week in the fall: three (3) hours of class time once per week for 10 sessions of classes, plus additional time outside of class for coordination with the teachers and site managers. The possibility of continuing to work with ADI throu gh the spring is certainly possible if the teaching assistant and ADI are a good fit for each other. The assistant will interact frequently with various teaching artists who will come into the classroom at different points in the fall to teach a particular medium. The teaching assistant will have the opportunity to participate directly in the expansion of the organization’s visual art program and witness the growth of this dynamic organization. Receipt of academic credit can be arranged.
• The teaching assistant will aid the instructor in teaching a class that is open to students lacking opportunities to access and learn about art, and will be expected to guide the students through a 3-week curriculum (provided by Artistic Dreams but open to individual contributions) in a particular artistic medium (photography, painting, installation, etc.) consisting of some art history, use of materials, self-expression, self-discovery, and exploration of family, community, and global issues. The Instructor should be able to build a bridge between the place of contemporary art in the real world and art as individual expression, while also opening students’ minds to aid in their personal development and future careers.
• Assist in arts program evaluation and make recommendations for new or improved arts program areas.
• Serve as a liaison with professionals at the site of the class (library, school, community center workers, etc.) and ensure that the space is reserved before every class. Ensure that rooms are reserved for special rehearsals.
• Remain a constant source of support for the teaching artists and children throughout the semester.
• Monitor and maintain art supplies at the site.
• Provide the art program coordinator with information about the classes throughout the semester.
• Maintain a roster of students and parent contact information. Contact all parents as needed.
• Maintain attendance sheets.
• Communicate with the instructor every week before class to ensure that all of the supplies they need for the lesson plan will be available.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• A passion for arts education and interest in curriculum creation with Artistic Dreams International |
• Be a practicing artist (part-time or full time) or have some experience with art education
• Interest, dedication, and enthusiasm for improving a community through arts education.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort in working with young people and adolescents, and effectively interacting with the parents of those people.
• Ability to follow directions and communicate with professionals
• Preference will be given to candidates who think “outside-the-box,” are cutting edge, forward thinkers, visionaries, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
• Grant-writing, and/or prior not-for-profit experience is a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
|Education Level Required:||College|
|Contact Name:||Artistic Dreams International|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|