|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
The position will be located in Houston. Periodic domestic and international travel will be necessary.
This position offers a competitive salary with this industry with full benefits and relocation assistance.
The successful candidate will be a member of geosciences specialists team serving as our companies geochemistry expert. The Senior Geochemist will be responsible for providing analysis and interpretation of petroleum systems and all geochemical data for New Ventures, Exploration, Development and Production projects; deploying and testing new technology and methodology within the geochemistry in collaboration with the company geoscientists and external vendors; coaching and mentoring junior staff.
1. Provide assessments for source rock distribution, maturity, and timing of charge, hydrocarbon volumes and quality to business units in close collaboration with basin modelers; provide integrated solutions to complex problems
2. Assist geoscientists in asset teams in the selection of sampling points and appropriate geochemical data analysis.
3. Collaborate with assets geoscientists to provide geochemistry as a fully-integrated part of basin, prospect, field or well analysis.
4. Recognize, develop and communicate innovations and technological advances in petroleum systems and geochemistry across the company.
5. Provide leadership and participate in technology development projects; build and maintain close links with geochemistry industry experts, research organizations and universities; ensure the best practices implementation.
6. Maintain geochemical databases; drive improvements in data management of geochemical data
7. QC contractor specialist studies.
8. Mentor junior personnel and ensure technology transfer to asset teams.
9. Meet our health, environmental, safety and corporate responsibility expectations in business dealings and during geochemical projects executions
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Degree:|
Masters (required) - PhD (preferred)
Advanced user in petroleum systems and geochemistry software. Microsoft Office suite for communication
* Minimum of 5 years of oil and gas industry professional experience
* Expertise within petroleum systems, geochemistry and analytical methods; experience and sound understanding of the integration of petroleum system, geochemical data and analysis; mastery in the design of geochemical sampling and analysis program.
* Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams; sound project management and organizational skills to progress multiple projects
|Education Level Required:||Masters|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||5 to 6 Years|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|