|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Sr. Director, International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management|
My client was founded in February 1934 in Illinois, United States. The founder, pioneered the concept of premium burgers and ice cream.
For over 75 years, the company’s name has been symbolic of its heritage. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and ice cream in the business. To prove his point that his burgers were exceptionally prime, he would wheel in a barrel of steaks (including round, sirloin, and T-bones) and grind the meat into burgers right in front of the guests. Hence arose the origin of our famous slogan.
After 75 years, we are continuing my client’s tradition of serving the country’s best, freshest, and tastiest burgers and shakes.
Sr. Director, International Purchasing & Supply Chain Management - - Develop supplier production capability; negotiate and implement international Supply Chain agreements; ensure lowest cost and a strategic competitive advantage.
Specific Activities and Skills Required
• Negotiate price to ensure lowest & competitive cost
• Implement negotiating tactics that maintain competitive cost advantage
• Deliver significant cost savings on a continuous basis
Analysis and Creativity
• Innovate with vendors to reduce costs & improve efficiencies
• Develop accurate information for effective negotiations and decision-making
• Analyze and leverage results to the advantage of the Company
Supplier Selection, Location and Logistics Knowledge
• Select new suppliers – evaluate financial strength and operational capabilities that could reduce cost while improving or maintaining quality
• Maximize supplier capabilities within the distribution & logistics network to minimize landed cost to distribution warehouses
• Minimize & reduce freight costs by evaluating supplier plant locations and proximity to distribution warehouses servicing the Brand’s restaurants
• Track record of developing supply chain for international expansion in the restaurant and foodservice segment
• Past development of local supply chains in International metropolitan markets
• Managed export/import and developed in-country distribution & delivery networks
• International Quality Assurance and Product Development knowledge/expertise
• Substantial tenure in International Restaurant Supply Chain & Purchasing
• Strong computer, financial and analysis skills
• Fluent in English - - multi-lingual a plus - - Spanish, French, Italian, German
• BS/MS Degree in agricultural/general economics or business
|Required Language Skills:|
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|