|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Duration: Six months, with possibility of extension (6 weeks probationary period)|
Starting Date: ASAP
Overview of CTG Global
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy, and Human Resources in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflict, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crisis worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients currently comprise UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different corporate organisations such as security companies.
Overview of the Position
The “Emergency Development Infrastructure Department” (EDID) runs activities that include design and construction of vertical structures throughout Afghanistan. The aim of the program is to respond to the needs of the donors for politically important, large scale, and high-visibility infrastructure projects.
Under the overall supervision of the EDID Program Manager, the incumbent will be required to work as a member of a team of Engineers and Administrative staff for the successful implementation of all of the client’s civil works projects.
In particular, he/she will have the following responsibilities:
• To ensure the full and proper implementation of the Organization’s Procedures.
• To generate/maintain relevant records, accurate filing and support for all commercial functions.
• To prepare estimates from Donor's statement of requirements (SOR's) to meet both donors’ and beneficiaries requirements.
• To assist in the preparation of the financial tender and associated subcontract documentation ensuring that tenders are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures to provide transparency to the bidders & donors or audit Teams.
• To provide a contract surveying function to collate all variations for compiling a projected final account summary and prepare final account.
• To visit construction sites, to measure contractors claims.
• To review and manage contractors financial claims, and assist with the processing of payment.
• To monitor sub-contractor performance in consultation with the construction managers and/ or Quality Control officers.
• To participate in the recording of delays & reviewing of any request for extensions of time.
• Supervision of work as required by the Programme Manager.
• To apply a neat and accurate approach in all day to day activities.
• Any other duties relevant to the role and to carry out all reasonable requests of management.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||• Minimum of 3 years demonstrable experience of undertaking measurements/estimating in a construction environment. |
• Experience of working overseas is desirable.
• Experience of working on a live project, undertaking measurement and valuation functions.
• Experience of processing subcontractor request for payments.
• Experience of working for a large contractor (desirable).
• Degree or HNC or equivalent in Quantity Surveying.
• Experience of Client liaison on contract and financial matters.
• Experience of procurement strategy implementation and review to deliver demonstrable value for money (VFM).
• Experience of producing variations and final account/claims.
• Must have excellent IT skills in: Excel; Microsoft Project; Word; Outlook; Packaged estimating software.
• Must be capable of passing a Company Medical and be declared fit to work in Afghanistan.
• Adept at understanding construction drawings and able to measure and take off accurately. Experience with MEP (desirable)
• Understanding of the inter-relationship between bills, specifications and drawings.
• Understanding the importance of business Procedures.
• Understanding of construction contracts in relation to projects and of the relevance of sub contract terms and conditions.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined, multi-cultural team.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
• Able to read a construction programme and relevance of the critical path (desirable).
• Understanding of H&S issues at work and on site.
• Awareness of dispute resolution procedures.
• Strong written and spoken skills in English;
• Written and spoken skills in Dari or Pashto will be an advantage;
• Ability to read and write in Arabic/Persian script will be an advantage.
|Required Language Skills:|
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Contact Name:||CTG Global|
|Contact Phone:||+971 (0)43310377 ex. 206|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|