|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|PLEASE NOTE THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN AFGHANISTAN|
The Electrician performs a broad range of electrical maintenance, repair, and construction support, also incorporating inspection and testing of distribution systems, and fault finding as required by the project.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and repair circuit faults on electrical distribution systems and equipment
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance inspections on all electrical systems and equipment
• Install new electrical equipment and systems
• Repair or replace existing electrical equipment and systems
• Complete maintenance and repair records
• Identify proper materials, listed and suitable, for use on specific installations
• Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures including wearing required personal safety equipment
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Maintain and repair electrical tools and equipment
• Lead and advise assigned helpers
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain electrical license and current electrical education
• Perform other duties as assigned
No direct reports
Knowledge & Skills:
• Capable of maintaining/repairing electrical distribution systems
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify circuit faults across broad range of electrical applications
• Understand the safe operation and application of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance tester, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment standard in the trade
• Demonstrate an understanding of NEC 2008 and/or BS7671 and pass an electrical trade test
• Capable of reading blue prints, schematics, instructions, safety manuals, and other technical documentation
• Ability to complete maintenance and work records
• Must pass English Proficiency Test
• Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
• Minimum four (4) years of experience as an electrician; prefer facilities maintenance experience
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing motors, starters, transformers, residual current devices, and over current protective devices
• Prefer National Electrical Code experience
• Must possess an Electrical JIB card with minimum grade of Electrician
• High School Diploma or equivalent
DISCLAIMER: DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. DynCorp International never charges candidates for employment or processing fees. Any request for payments or fees for employment with DynCorp International is illegal. Please inform your nearest DynCorp International representative if anyone approaches you for a fee or payment.
|Education Level Required:||Tech School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
Company/Business: WRSS - A DynCorp International Company
|County or nearby cities:||MIDDLE EAST|
|Posted:||This Job Posting has Expired|