|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|The 24-month Program - The “Development Instructor (DI) program” is a unique chance to study and work with a group of people from all over the world. You will get the chance to travel and learn about different cultures and to help those who are less fortunate. In Denmark you will help children and youngsters with special needs who have had a difficult start in their lives, and in Southern Africa you will be able to contribute to the development of different sectors: Education, Community Development, HIV / AIDS Prevention Campaigns, Child Aid, environmental actions, income generating activities etc.|
The Program starts each year in February and August. The program is 24 months long and target people from all over the world without any religious, race and age distinction.
12 months in Denmark at one of our three school centers,
8 months in southern Africa at one of Humana’s projects and
4 months Camp Future: Raising Awareness about Africa in Denmark and exams in Pedagogy & Fighting With The Poor (Double B Certificate).
The Development Instructor (DI) will be taking part of running the school in all of its aspects together with the staff at the school. The DIs will also take part in organizing cultural-, musical- and sportive events, working with maintenance at a building weekends and put up a theatre plays.
In Africa: In the 8-month period as a Development Instructor at a Humana project in Angola, Mozambique or Malawi, the DI will have the possibility to work with people in some of the poorest parts of the world. You will - in a group of three DIs - choose a specific project and will specialize your preparation towards this during the last six months of your stay in Denmark.
In Africa you work in your "Trio" closely together with the project leader and is expected to take your part of the responsibility for a successful running of the project.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||- You are open-minded, flexible and motivated to do something good for others.|
- You are interested in helping children and young people with special needs and from various backgrounds.
- You are eager to learn and gain experiences in new and unfamiliar work situations.
- Furthermore, you are a hardworking person
- There are no specific academic requirements - but if you want to enroll for the "Double B Certificate in Pedagogy and Fighting With The Poor", you need to have passed 12 years of school. (We do have another DI program which does not have 12 y school requirement)
- You will be hired as a volunteer by one of our three schools in Denmark - Your volunteer salary will cover pocket money (700 Dkr) as well as all expenses related to the program. Periods of fund raising are also included in the program. The rest of the money is spent on the studies in Denmark and the flight tickets for Africa, insurance, vaccination etc.
- During the time at the Humana project in Africa you receive food and accommodation and pocket money (about 700 Dkr).
- You pay an enrolment fee. Welcome!
|Required Language Skills:|
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Contact Name:||Det Nødvendige Seminarium|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
|You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|