|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Job description, responsibilities and duties|
Successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the stability and supportability of assigned AT&T-managed Teradata server infrastructure. This candidate will be accountable for overall project management and change management for assigned systems and will provide technical support for fault/outage situations (on-call 24/7).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be fully accountable for the overall stability, security, and supportability of AT&T’s Teradata platforms (monitoring capabilities, performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintaining overall device and platform health).
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
7x24 support coverage for OS, Database, Networking and General Assistance
- Outage coordination
- Daily Monitoring of Critical alerts from systems/automation
- Software patch updates and installation for Teradata Nodes and Managed Servers
- Hardware Upgrades
- Major and Minor software upgrades
- Implementation Management coordination with HW/SW upgrades
- Extended meal voucher contribution
- Compensation for income loss due to sickness
- Special occasion contribution (marriage, child birth)
- Sports and cultural benefits
- Various discount
- Group Life Insurance
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Requirements for the employee|
Secondary with leaving examination
Follow-up/Higher Professional Education
University education (Bachelor's degree)
University education (Master's degree)
English - advanced
Computer skills - user:
UNIX/Linux - expert
Computer skills - administrator:
UNIX/Linux administration - expert
Required experience, position suitable for a fresh graduate
Experience in the position/sector:
Number of years of experience:
Personality requirements and skills
We are looking for:
Strong background and demonstrated experience supporting multi-node Teradata systems in a 24x7 mission critical environment.
- Suse Linux Enterprise (9,10)
- Windows 2003
- Teradata 12/13.x
- Teradata Tools and Utilities, including Meta Data Services
- Deep understanding of Teradata SAN and backup solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
- Familiarity with Project Management Practices
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment.
- Organized, adaptable, a self-starter, highly motivated by challenge, and a team player
|Education Level Required:||High School|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||3 to 4 Years|
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|