|Job Description & How to Apply Below|
|Network Data Engineer|
6+ month contract to hire
Location : Cary, North Carolina or Dallas, TX or Bedminster, NJ
The Network Engineer will lead complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, technical support and network audit of data information technology solutions. The Network Engineer’s responsibilities are to configure and implement local and wide area network, internet platforms and the network management and associated diagnostic tools to support new and existing technology architectures. The Network engineer makes decisions independently on Information Systems problems and methods. The knowledge and expertise required at this level of work usually results from progressive work experience. Projects are carried out independently and new ideas are proposed and implemented for cost reduction and application or infrastructure enhancements.
Lead the evaluation, testing, selection and implementation of:
a. Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
b. Internet Connectivity
c. Network Management
d. Diagnostic tools
Mentor junior engineers on networking technologies, standards, methodologies, and procedures
Lead development, implementation, and maintenance of network standards and documentation.
Participate in developing long-term strategic, capacity and performance planning objectives and goals.
Coordinate efforts to isolate and resolve network and security related issues.
Participate in IT and corporate-lead initiatives.
Research new technology and evaluate its viability.
|Skills / Industry Qualifications Required:||Required |
• 10+ years of experience in Data Networking in the enterprise network environment
• 7+ years of experience in consulting, design, implementation, migration and transformation projects
• Excellent hands-on experience on Data Networking technologies and products. Must be hands-on currently.
• Experience working in large and multiple data center build and migration projects
• Experience working with Pre-Sales teams on RFPs, RFQs etc.
• CCIE Certified Preferred
• Excellent hands-on experience on the following technologies:
o Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
o LAN Switching – VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel, CoS
o WAN – MPLS, MPLS/VPN, MP-BGP
o TCP/IP protocol suite, Quality of Service
o Application protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL etc.
o Network Security - IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS
o Data Center Architecture – Network, Server, Storage
• Excellent hands-on experience on the following products:
o Cisco Catalyst 6500 and other Catalyst Series switches
o Cisco Nexus 7K/5K/2K Series of switches
o Cisco Routers 3800, 3900, 7600 Series
o Cisco IOS Software and NX OS Software
o Wireless LAN technologies – Cisco or Aruba
o WAN Acceleration/optimization – Cisco WAAS or Riverbed
o Application Load balancers – F5 BigIP LTM/GTM or Cisco ACE/GSS
o Network Management – HPOV, NNM, SolarWinds, ORION etc.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Must be able to clearly communicate with the customer and be able to present solutions to customers at CIO, CXO level
• Must be open for 24x7 availability
• Must be able to conduct technical trainings to internal resources
• Open for 30% domestic travel
For Immediate consideration please forward your current Word formatted resume to email using the Apply Online Box below.
|Education Level Required:||Bachelor|
|Experience Required to qualify for consideration:||7 to 8 Years|
|Contact Name:||CDI Corporation|
|Preferred method of contact:||E-mail via Apply Online Box (below when logged in)|
|Apply for this Job Here|
USA-only applications: Please note that this Company / Employer has indicated that only qualified candidates currently residing in USA are being considered here for this position.
You must be logged in as a registered jobseeker in order to apply to this job posting. Log in using the fields below, or Register Here if you do not already have a (Free) jobseeker account.
|Advanced Job Search - Find More Jobs for Your Skills|