Idyllwild Arts Academy:
Located in the San Jacinto Mountains in Riverside County, California, Idyllwild Arts Academy is a co-educational day & boarding arts school that offers a disciplined college preparatory program for grades 9-12 and post-graduates. We provide world-class training in creative writing, dance, film & video, interdisciplinary arts, music, theatre, and visual art. The Idyllwild Arts Academy provides pre-professional training in the arts and a comprehensive college preparatory curriculum to a diverse student body of gifted young artists from all over the world.
High School Graduation Requirements:
Because the Arts Academy encompasses grades 9 through 12, plus post-graduates, programs ranging from 1 to 4 years in length may be created. Each student's course of study is composed of a combination of the required arts courses listed under each program and the academic courses (credits) necessary to meet the graduation requirements.
Major areas of arts study include:
- Visual art,
- Creative writing,
- Moving pictures
- Interdisciplinary arts.
Instruction in the arts is geared to the ability of the individual student. Advancement from preliminary courses to the most demanding is based entirely upon performance. Thus, a student with extensive training prior to coming into the program may be able to complete the course requirements in a shorter period of time.
Upon graduation students will have completed the following academic requirements:
- English 4 years (credits)
- History/Social Studies 3 years - World History, U.S. History, Government and Economics / Social Science
- Foreign Language 2 years - Consecutive courses in the same language (French or Spanish)
- Mathematics 3 years - Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II
- Science 2 years - Biology and either Chemistry or Physics
- Physical Education 2 years
- Visual and Performing Arts 1 year
- Adult Arts Center
- Family Camp
- Children's Center
- Junior Artist's Center
- Youth Arts Center