American Language Programs, Inc.:
Learn English in the USA or Canada and live in the home of your English teacher! American Language Programs (ALP) offers English language immersion homestay programs which allow students from around the world to stay in the home of their American or Canadian teacher and receive private English lessons. We teach students at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels and we focus on giving you the opportunity to practice speaking English. Our year-round ESL programs are available for juniors and adults between the ages of 12 - 80. You can choose to stay for one week or up to three months and longer stays can be arranged on request.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Programs:
Students select the time of year, the number of study hours, and the level of your program.
- Our Standard Homestay Program: Our most popular program, the Standard Program is designed for an eager teenage student, young adult employee or the retired executive. ALP allows flexible, private teaching hours of 15, 20, or 25 hours English study per week with homestay / meals included.
- Business & Specialized Vocabulary: This program is designed for the busy executive / professional. Teachers employ specialized vocabulary and teaching aids to better familiarize the student with our American corporate scheme. This program includes the above Standard Program as well as specialized vocabulary, instruction, and opportunity to participate in and witness first hand American business culture whenever possible. The accommodations are slightly better than in the standard booking and it is prime for professionals in any field.
- Deluxe / 4-Star Program: This program is the most prestigious accommodation possible at an affordable price. The deluxe accommodation includes the above Standard and Business & Specialized Vocabulary programs while also offering the finest accommodations and meals. Gourmet dinners, meeting interesting people, and more sightseeing are only a few of the advantages of our Deluxe Program.
- TOEFL, GRE, GED, LLM and other Standardized Exam Preparation/Applications: ALP teachers are all qualified to prepare students for the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language) and the LLM (Master of Law). Specialized workbooks, cassette tapes, computer programs as well as targeted teaching are used to prepare students to do his/her best on these important exams.
- Public Speaking / Business English Instruction: Intensive programs to practice in your communication, pronunciation and articulation skills. This is a practical course designed in a way to cover American English that is needed in everyday business situations, and it is ideal for students already working or training in areas of General Management, Administration, Marketing, Sales and Customer Relations who wish to further their Business English skills. Students of Finance and Banking may also benefit from this course.
- University Application / Registration: We understand that finding and applying to the right university is not an easy task. Therefore, we have designed programs wherein teachers help students fill out applications, write essays, and prepare for their interviews while English is learned to its highest possible degree.
- Corporate / Workplace English classes: We will work with both individuals and large companies to come up with a program that is tailored personally for you. If you are the Human Resources Director for your company and need to train some of your employees for travel/employment in English speaking countries or to work with companies in the USA, we are your answer!
- Customized English language instruction to meet your needs: On request, ALP can design a specialized, individual and approved program specifically to meet your specific requirements. This is ideal if you would prefer an English immersion experience that is tailored to one of your hobbies, interests or passions? We have successfully organized dozens of tailored programs for students who desire something "different." For example, some students may prefer to play golf in West Palm Beach while also practicing their English and conversation skills. Other students have interests in the outdoors and desire hiking or camping intensive holidays. The choice is yours with ALP!
- Private English Lessons – without homestay! English Tutoring is conveniently available at these ALP Locations: Boston, Massachusetts; Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando, Florida; Phoenix, Arizona; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California
Students receive private, one-on-one lessons either in their own home or office or in the teacher's home. We offer flexible start times and days of the week so that each student can create your own convenient schedule. The hourly fees are reasonable and economical. Each course is individualized to meet your specific needs. A Pretest and end test is provided and a Certificate is awarded when you successfully complete the course.
- Homestay Accommodation - without English lessons: This program offers a very affordable way to learn about American culture by living with a carefully selected and educated American family. Students receive a private bedroom and shared/private bathroom and can select to receive up to three meals a day. There are no formal language lessons in this program but students use their language skills communicating on a daily basis with their American families! All of our host families are carefully screened and their homes visited regularly. At least one of the family members is an English teacher in our Standard Program (Tuition & Homestay). In all cases, homes are safe, clean and located near to public transportation.
For further information on our English language homestay programs, please e-mail us via our Contact Page.
- About Us
|Search schools here by state/city for Alabama, Arizona-Phoenix, Arkansas, California-LA County/Bay Area, Colorado-Denver, Florida-Miami-Dade, Georgia-Atlanta, Illinois-Chicago/Cook County, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mass-Boston, Michigan, Minnesota-Minneapolis, Mississippi, Missouri-St Louis, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio-Cleveland, Oklahoma, Oregon-Portland, South Carolina, South Dakota, Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas-Houston/Dallas, Utah, Virginia, Washington-Seattle, Wisconsin-Milwaukee & more...
Search career colleges in Canada by province/city in Abbotsford, Burnaby, Kelowna, Surrey, Victoria, Vancouver, BC, Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Ottawa, Toronto, Ontario, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, Winnipeg, Manitoba & more...
© 2003-2014 Learn4Good Ltd : Author of websites listing Schools, Careers, Jobs & Travel Booking Engines